Documentary Thread #2

Egg Shen

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Death of a Gentleman is on Netflix. A fine documentary about how T20 cricket is shit for cunts and will destroy the far superior Test format and how cunty anad corrupt the BCCI and to a smaller extent to ECB is.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Death of a Gentleman is on Netflix. A fine documentary about how T20 cricket is shit for cunts and will destroy the far superior Test format and how cunty anad corrupt the BCCI and to a smaller extent to ECB is.

Like the sound of that Butch. On the subject of cricket, have you seen Fire in Babylon? It's about the 1970's West Indies team.

• Paid Members

Not necessarily a documentary per se but an interesting watch all the same. Was originally broadcast on BBC so probably a few on here have already seen it.

Bizarre story though. I remember watching that episode of Traffic Cops as well.

This is the first I have heard of any of this, and went through several different emotions watching it.

How they survived the initial incident is quite frankly super human.

Really fascinating piece.

• Paid Members

this is up on Netflix now:

large_large_dyXiG7WZovCCWRIbwDhhCEBdqXJ.

i've always had a fascination with cults, documentaries on stuff like Waco and Jonestown are always up my street so i've been waiting for this one. I can't say alot about it because it'll spoil the film for you, it's best to just watch it and see how it plays out. It's one of them documentaries that utilises a crazy amount of footage filmed directly by the people involved so it's a pretty unique view inside a cult spliced up with talking heads of many of the people who were invovled. It blows my mind that people can be manipulated in the way the documentary shows, it's worth a watch.

There's another cult documentary on Netflix called 'End of the World Cult' (there's also a follow up documentary on netflix) about a man who convinced his followers he was the second coming of Jesus, dodgy shit ensues.

Some barmy people about.

• Paid Members

Does anyone have any recommend any real crime documentaries, like the Jinx or West of Memphis? It's for my Mrs and she has seen most of the ones shown on the CI channel etc as well as the Making a Murderer and the West of Memphis trilogy...

Does anyone have any recommend any real crime documentaries, like the Jinx or West of Memphis? It's for my Mrs and she has seen most of the ones shown on the CI channel etc as well as the Making a Murderer and the West of Memphis trilogy...

Dear Zachary. One of the best documentaries I've seen. It's about the custody battle between a kids mother who is getting done for the fathers murder, and the fathers parents. It's best to watch it without read stuff about it first to get the full effect.

Also try The Imposter, TalHotBlond and Capturing The Friedmans, 

• Paid Members

Dear Zachary. One of the best documentaries I've seen. It's about the custody battle between a kids mother who is getting done for the fathers murder, and the fathers parents. It's best to watch it without read stuff about it first to get the full effect.

I'll never forget Dear Zachary.

• Paid Members

That's one I wish I had of read stuff first to prepare me. Harrowing stuff.

• Paid Members

"Give up tomorrow" is one of the most underrated docs out there. 

When a teenager from a political family in the Philippines is accused of a double murder, the country's entire judicial system is put to the test after years of alleged corruption.

Don't know if it's because it's based in the Philippines why it never got the love it deserves but one of best things i've ever watch on Netflix.

• Awards Moderator

Does anyone have any recommend any real crime documentaries, like the Jinx or West of Memphis? It's for my Mrs and she has seen most of the ones shown on the CI channel etc as well as the Making a Murderer and the West of Memphis trilogy...

Central Park Five. One of those infuriating "how is this HAPPENING" docs.

And fucking hell, Dear Zachary. An amazing piece of work. I told Mrs Onyx not to watch it because she'd never recover. It's free and legal to watch on YouTube btw.

Interview with a Murderer is a British crime documentary that is somewhat similar to the Jynx. It was on channel 4 recently so might be on 4OD.

The similarly titled Interview with a Serial Killer is a decent little documentary on Netflix that I'm positive was originally aired on Channel 4 as well. if crime is your thing these are well worth a watch. Im guessing you've seen most of the Born to Kill? series as well, I enjoyed it a lot.

The Real Crime documentary titled "Peter Tobin: Britain's Worst Serial Killer?" on Youtube is a fascinating look into Tobin  and the potential other crimes he committed.

Edited by HeavyT