Documentary Thread #2

Egg Shen

I got the first season of ESPN 30 For 30 for Xmas this year, and they're just brilliant documentaries (for the most part). I love the OJ Simpson one mentioned above, you just walk away from that documentary shaking your head and how insane it all is. I think the "Muhammed and Larry" episode is excellent, walking through the build up to the Holmes/Ali fight and how much of a complete disgrace that entire thing was.

Chasing Tyson is another favourite of mine, and the Foxcatcher episode is excellent too. The Two Escobars and Four Days in October deserve mentions as well. The Price of Gold, covering the whole Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan scandal is pretty good too.

• Paid Members

Finished the OJ series last night. Is there any other essential 30 for 30 documentaries I should get watched?

There was a great one I watched about SMU called Pony Excess - and I have zero interest in American Football.

• Paid Members

What's the best place to view the 30 for 30 documentaries?

Some are on YouTube, some on Vimeo, the rest are torrents.

What you want?

Here's a screenshot of my docs folder - PM me your e-mail address if you want any and I'll WeTransfer to you. That goes for anyone here - have a paid sub, so can do 20GB in 1 go.

docs.jpg

• Paid Members

There's a cracking new doc on Netflix UK called Ghostheads. It's basically all about Ghostbusters fandom and the impact the franchise has had. I absolutely love docs about quirky sub cultures not to mention ones involving classic franchises.

• Paid Members

There's a cracking new doc on Netflix UK called Ghostheads. It's basically all about Ghostbusters fandom and the impact the franchise has had. I absolutely love docs about quirky sub cultures not to mention ones involving classic franchises.

I got 10 mins into it and had to turn it off - dreadful stuff.

Bigger, Stronger, Faster looks at PED use in US sports but does have a heavy focus on wrestling as the filmmakers brother was a jobber for WWF back in the day, any others are more about Olympic wrestling rather than pro wrestling unless you want to watch RussellMadness which features Johnny Nitro against a wrestling Jack Russell.

If you can get onto the US Netflix I think they still have Wrestling With Shadows o there aswell a documentary about G.L.O.W (Glamourous Ladies of Wrestling