Documentary Thread #2

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I watched Dear Zachary last night and I still can't stop thinking about it, without a doubt one of the saddest documentaries I have ever seen.

Spoilers -

I just can't stop thinking about Andrew's parents. The strength they must have is indescribable. It was so hard to watch them speak about seeing Andrew's body under sheets, then kissing his face with a bit too much pressure which caused blood to trickle out of a bullet whole in his cheek. How do you get over that?

Then to spend time with the killer, at birthday parties and such like and not rip her head off. That really does show how much they loved Zachary. They go through hell and back with their son being killed, then go through it all again with their grandson. Absolutely horrifying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

After hearing about it on the Fighter & The Kid podcast i've been knee deep in stuff about the JonBenet Ramsey murder. I'd never heard of it but it was national/wordwide news when it happened 20 years ago. The murder is unsolved but because it's been 20 years alot of new stuff has been made about the case. I watched a Dateline documentary last night and am now getting a new 2 part CBS documentary about the case. The Dateline one was on youtube but it's been taken down, it's easy enough to find though if you know where to look, as is the CBS one.

If you liked Making a Murderer/Paradise Lost it may be something you'll be interested in.

• Paid Members

I remember seeing a doc about JonBenet about 10 years ago which featured interbpviews with her parents. Convinced me that they were not guilty. It wasn't so much what they said, but the way they said it and the look in their eyes.

Watched dear Zachary after reading this thread and don't think I've saw a more powerful documentary in my life. Ended up buying the book the dad wrote and reading it in a day after.

One of those programmes you see and just can't stop thinking about for a few days afterwards.

Also watched the imposter today which is just mind boggling.

• Paid Members

EggShen on which Fighter and the kid did they go into it? Big brown is from or spent time in Boulder if i remember rightly (Ha, not accusing him off it) but never thought it would be brought up.

I remember the aftermath and the docs and revisited them at start of year. If you really want to go down a rabbithole i suggest this thread...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/true-crime/2059774-jonben-t-ramsey-part-ii.html

Momentum swings going through it as new bits come out. The most wild thing about that thread is theres a well known internet member who turned up to the house the day after the murder and spent time with the parents  and is mentioned in the books following. It's full on creep she is a women called Jameson and host the biggest forum on the murder which was made in was created in 97. Sure some authors have reported the police looked into her as a suspect too. 

Like i said it's a rabbithole.

Oh and since it's nearly 20 years anniversary Cable in American have released a couple new docs in the last two weeks one testing the famous "stug gun theory" and much more yet to catch them though.

Edited by Fox Piss

• Paid Members

Wasn't the new theory that her brother (who was also a kid) killed her over some pineapple?

The brother was always going to be in the frame. Didn't help he blasted her over head with a golf club a month or two prior but i think it's generally accepted his not guilty. Pineapple was the last food J.B eat but the mother (who since as passed away) claims she didn't eat any off the Pineapple. Which leads people to claim "X" abducted her on way to cellar and stopped for a bite to eat on way down. 

I'd probably say with all the stress that followed how accurate can the mom be about the pineapple? 

Edited by Fox Piss

• Paid Members

EggShen on which Fighter and the kid did they go into it? Big brown is from or spent time in Boulder if i remember rightly (Ha, not accusing him off it) but never thought it would be brought up.

I think it was the Randy Couture episode. Schaub attended school in Boulder when the murder happened.

• Members

I watched Who Took Johnny on Netflix over the weekend. Another of those cases I hate not knowing what happened! Really feel for the mother as she's clearly never come to terms with what's happened. I'm not one for conspiracies but it stinks of a cover up for a pedophile ring. I'm highly skeptical that he turned up on her doorstep in the middle of the night. My conclusion is that he's dead in a lake somewhere. Great documentary though. 

• 2 weeks later...

amanda-knox-2-435.jpg

I don't think she did it.

There is something about her demeanour and the way she acts and talks that just comes across as suspicious. It's something you can't put your finger on.

It looked so odd the day Meredith's body was found when the news footage of the house showed Amanda and the boyfriend kissing and giggling.

Both of them changed their stories more than once which is also totally suspicious.

But I just think it was the third person involved who committed the murder, and these two 20 year old kids were acting immature and a bit silly in the aftermath when the world expected people in their position to be upset.

Very interesting.