Documentary Thread #2

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Watching Man Vs Snake and King Billy Mitchell is in it, so it's already brilliant. Plus Tim McVey looks like Andy Fordham.

Watched the first 20 minutes today and loving it. Billy Mitchel is a late 80's Ric Flair.

Watching Man Vs Snake and King Billy Mitchell is in it, so it's already brilliant. Plus Tim McVey looks like Andy Fordham.

Watched the first 20 minutes today and loving it. Billy Mitchel is a late 80's Ric Flair.

Or is Ric Flair a hot sauce less King Billy?

• Paid Members

Billy is mint, he comes across like the leader of a cult. Could be a great Jackyl style manager.

I was expecting a swerve from Bill, and thought that he was going to go for the record as the doc progressed.

Watched Man vs Snake back to back with Dwarvenaut. Both interesting in their own right. The latter was OK, I personally enjoyed it, although it's very self absorbed regarding the guy who runs the D&D model company. You'll either find Stefan endearing or annoying and if you find him annoying you'll think it's a shit doc. I manged to get past that.

Not bad for what it was.

I'm really in to geek culture based docs these days. I think I've seen every computer game based doc that's available to watch online, like wise with skate docs.

I watched a yo-yo doc on TV a couple of weeks ago called World on a string. Again, a decent doc following people in competition.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I watched 'Floyd Norman: An Animated Life' on netflix last night.

Great and very interesting doc about Disneys first black artist. Loved his storys about early day disney and the teams he was part of. Still a lot of aggitation towards them too.

Defo worth a watch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

just caught Shooting Bigfoot on iPlayer. I saw some of it a few years ago but i never finished it. How much of a "documentary" it is is up for debate, there's clear fabricated stuff going on but regardless it's entertaining and very funny. The cast of Bigfoot hunters involved are a unique bunch to say the least.

MV5BNjQyM2M0NDctYmU1Ny00N2IwLWFlNzUtNWQ2

take it with a pinch of salt, but it's worth a look.

• Paid Members

I'm really in to geek culture based docs these days. I think I've seen every computer game based doc that's available to watch online, like wise with skate docs.

Assume you've seen Stoked - The Rise and Fall of Gator (2002)? Amazing doc.

• Paid Members

I picked that up on dvd a few years ago in Cash Generator for about 50p, i never watched it though because it was region locked. Probably easy enough to get another copy these days, i'll track it down.

• Paid Members

Assume you've seen Stoked - The Rise and Fall of Gator (2002)? Amazing doc.

I have indeed, brilliant watch.

• Paid Members

Watched dear Zachary after reading this thread and don't think I've saw a more powerful documentary in my life. Ended up buying the book the dad wrote and reading it in a day after.

One of those programmes you see and just can't stop thinking about for a few days afterwards.

Saw it 8 years ago and I still think about it occasionally but regularly. It's the definition of tragedy. Those poor parents, and small child.

• Paid Members

just watched episode 1 of the new Netflix documentary series Captive, gripping story about a prison riot. Every epiosde in the series is a different story that involved some kind of hostage situation, worth a look...

Captive-Netflix-Documentary.jpg

Edited by Egg Shen