General politics discussion thread

David

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Isn't it terrible how despite the tories being so utterly shit, they're still ahead of Labour in the polls?

It's a combination of some truly heroic work by the right wing newspapers and Corbyn only opening his mouth to change feet. Throw in a smidgin of the fact that Labour are equally divided over Brexit and that keeps the Tories in the lead. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

So what was Farage’s big announcement? All I’ve seen about him is him grinning like a cunt after he, but more likely someone else, caught a Tope Shark

I saw something about him rejoining UKIP as leader if May is ousted and an election called. I just saw some tweets on twitter, but not seen his actual tweets

• Paid Members

One addition to the Tory leadership rules: if there is a no confidence vote and she wins, there can't be another one for a year. Of course, she could still be pressured to resign, though if she stayed on after the election, I doubt she'll ever go voluntarily.

In theory the Brexiteers wouldn't  go for the no confidence vote unless they thought they would win it. In practice the procedure for getting to 48 names (once you hand in a letter, it stays 'active' until the end of the calendar year unless you formally withdraw it; only Graham Brady knows how many letters he's had) means they might get to the 48 by accident.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

If you’ve ever needed confirmation that JBL is an awful human, there you go

What has he delivered exactly? It hasn't been done and the more it goes on the less likely it is looking to even happen. I love it when American's believe everything they hear on Fox News. Guy is an absolute tool.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

If you’ve ever needed confirmation that JBL is an awful human, there you go

Eurgh. Brought back memories of his WWE.com column where he'd spout foul hate-filled stuff all the time. A large part of why I hated him being Champion back in 2004 and I'm not shocked to see he hasn't changed. Horrible.

• Paid Members

Anyone really surprised? Apart from (maybe) The Rock, I've yet to see any WWE wrestlers that weren't right-wing Republican or "Libertarian". Working in a McMahon-run company, you're probably going to at least end up somewhere not far from him on the political spectrum, even if you didn't start there. And JBL's not only a wrestler, and a Texan one at that, he's also an American entrepreneur, which means he's most likely somewhere slightly to the left of Genghis Khan.

My favourite part of the past 24 hours is that Jeremy Hunt is no longer Health Secretary, fuck knows how he stayed in there so long despite the fact that he is probably the most disliked MPs in the country and that every paper (even the most right wing) think he is shit. I understand that Foreign Secretary is some what of a promotion but still, every cloud has a silver lining.

I am glad however that Boris is gone from the cabinet, he is toxic and I think a terrible human. I think most MPs go into politics for the right reasons whether I agree with their policies or not, but with him it is all about himself. Despite be against the leave campaign, I do want the leave to go smoothly and people like him and David Davies are the people going to stop that.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Anyone really surprised? Apart from (maybe) The Rock, I've yet to see any WWE wrestlers that weren't right-wing Republican or "Libertarian".