~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

• Awards Moderator

Fucking hell mate. As soon as I saw your name against the thread I assumed it was the good news everyone was waiting for but reading that has just turned my stomach inside out. He'll be fine, you know. Bloody big lad as you say which will help, but he's fucking baby NEWM! He'll probably not only get through this, but come out of it all with a bird or something.

Seriously, though, your head must be a mess right now but as your last paragraph states, you've got two new heroes there who'll dominate your life until the day you die. Use the forum to get your concerns off your chest but keep thinking of how completely fantastic life will be when the missus and littlun get themselves sorted. You're an absolute gem and despite this not going to plan, you'll be loving the family home life before you know it.

Congrats on the baby (do you have a name yet?) and don't think anything other than good things.

• Paid Members

Fantastic news on the birth of your son NEWM. Chuffed for you. Echo the sentiments of everyone else and especially Frankie's post. I hope the Mrs and little one are able to come home soon and best wishes for your lad getting to 100% health ASAP.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Thanks for sending me on an emotional rollercoaster!

I actually had no idea you and Mrs NEWM were expecting. If you are anything like your forum-self in real life, you are going to be an absolutely brilliant Dad and ying to her yang. They've been through a lot but massive respect to you for trying to hold it together and support them through it. Your poor Mrs sounds like she's been in world war 3.

But above all, many, many, many congratulations and I couldn't be happier for you. Just remember to save up even more money now for the winter period, because no sooner will Christmas be over but then his birthday is right around the corner too!

Edited by Slick Dick Nick

Really good to hear NEWM, best of luck to you and the family!

Don't check in on this thread so much and hadn't planned on posting anything but NEWM's story inspired me. I became an uncle again on Monday and my newborn nephew was rushed to Yorkhill hospital in Glasgow the next day. They diagnosed him with TOF, which is a condition where the trachea and gullet have connected at some point during the pregnancy, so the end result meant there was no connection between his throat and his stomach and instead whatever he ate ended up going down his windpipe an into his lungs. He had a 5 hour operation on Tuesday (at only 1 day old) where they had to split the two pipes apart, attached the cut part of the gullet to his stomach, and then repair the hole in the trachea that was caused by separating the gullet. I saw him on Tuesday right after the surgery and then on Wednesday, and have just spent the weekend up there as well. The improvement in those few days is absolutely incredible. He had his epidural removed, came off the morphene and had his breathing tube taken out (they had to collapse his lung to do the operation) within two days of the operation which is way ahead of the original schedule they told us, and they've already upped his feeds twice (only through IV just now, they need to wait a week before attempting to feed him normally). They think he'll be in there for at least 8 weeks as babies born with the condition have a range of other things that can be wrong with them, but every test they've run so far has come back negative and they're hoping it was an isolated incident.

I don't think I've ever gone through as many emotions in one week before. To go from having what we thought was a happy, healthy addition to the family after the birth, to having him rushed away in an ambulance overnight, to seeing him hooked up to all those machines, to finally being able to hold him and see him looking like a normal little baby has been completely draining in every way. But considering how the week started we couldn't really have hoped for a better end to it.

• Paid Members

Just asked about you and your situation in paidland NEWM, thinking you might well be Big Daddy NEWM by now. Stupidly I didn't think to check this thread and was directed here.

Massive congratulations to you and Mrs. NEWM and I wish her and baby NEWM back to full health as soon as possible. Your post really puts a load of things in perspective. Glad to hear things are looking better. Some horrible experiences to have to suffer there, but you'll all be all the stronger and closer as a result. Overjoyed for you brother.