~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

• Paid Members
I find it uncivilised and arrogant. And I really don't care if anyone wishes to label me a neanderthal over it.

I've never given it much thought until a friend was doing it in a cafe and was pretty discreet about it, I can't see what there is to get outraged about as long as it's done pretty discreetly. Not sure where the arrogance part comes from, surely they're only trying to feed their baby.

The biggest cunts are people who take their snotty nosed and poorly behaved children into pubs, where they'll proceed to sprint about and make a shitload of noise and nearly trip someone up who'd be carrying a round of 3 or 4 pints which would smash all over their heads. If you can't control your children, don't take them places.

I just can't stand people who don't control their kids in any setting. People who scream across a room because they are too fucking lazy to get up annoy the tits of me. Same for people who say "Peachtree, don't do that darling" in a stupid fucking voice while the kid continues to do what they like and then shrug their shoulders in a "kids will be kids" sort of way annoy me too. Kids will be kids if they don't have firm guidance, you fucking mong.

Couldn't agree more with those two.

I've always hated it in church at weddings or funerals, and that's the thing I'm most anxious about my wedding next year.

We have gone just about 50/50 on people we both want to invite.

On my side there are 3 mates who have young kids, and they are all as irritated by noisy kids in church as me so they have already said they won't bring the kids.

On her side there are at least 6 kids aged between 2 and 6, all of whom have parents described earlier in this topic (constant facebook updates of their offspring in the bath, laying down, sitting up, etc).

I wouldn't say I'm shitting myself about the ceremony, but I'm somewhat anxious about standing in front of my entire family and friends. Having distractions from unruly little people is a hassle I can do without.

The missus doesn't see what the problem is. :(

Edited by dopper

• Paid Members

As a total opposite, we had a friend with 3 kids at our wedding. They were pretty charming really, they were skidding on the dance floor, playing hide and seek under tables, stealing cake, just usual childish shit but very polite and everyone thought they were lovely. The parents though were so bloody paranoid that they were constantly telling them off to the point of being embarrassing. Need to find the middle ground.

• Paid Members
My friend's Cousin actually banned children from her ceremony and night do. My mate says it was the best wedding he ever went to.

There was no kids at my wedding except for mine. Kids do not enjoy shit like that and you end up having to look after them. When there is kids about people are always on edge making sure the kids are alright. Was mint not having any kids there.

• Paid Members
Don't think I've ever been to a wedding that had kids at the night do. Not kids under about 14 anyway. Standard practice, surely?

I have been to loads of weddings with kids running around they tail off about 9-10 O'Clock but they were still there and were still annoying.

I was at my Uncles wedding in the 1990 I was five and a page boy I stayed till I fell asleep with my head on the table. Everyone my Mum and Dad knew was at this wedding so they couldn't get a babysitter.

At my wedding there was a fuck load of drink, drunk. If there had been kids there who would have looked after them. No one was in any fit state.

I was going to ban babies from my wedding, but two of my mates dropped sprogs weeks beforehand, so I had to lift it.

I don't mind kids at weddings at all, just babies crying at the ceremony. Even then, as long as the parent make a quick dash for the door, it's ok. Weddings are a vital part of growing up as a kid, you get to dance with girls, and stay up late, and sneak some booze and throw up in the flowerbeds.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone have any children with special needs?

Dyllan is autistic. He is extremely clever and has scarily advanced skills when it comes to using computers, phones and gadgets in general, as well as sorting and creating patterns by size and colours. People are amazed by him, yet his social skills are off, and he can't say a word. He will be 3 in September.

We're finally getting the help we need as we have been struggling with his speech and diet. He's been seeing a speech therapist since his 2nd birthday and his diet problems bring me to tears sometimes, he has been seeing a dietician for a few months but we have yet to make any progress at all, infact it's getting worse. He also has quite a severe gluten intolerance something which I have recently discovered is often linked to autistic children.

I'm learning with Dyllan in all of this. I've got experience in adult mental health but not autism and I'm finding it all extraordinary. Since his diagnosis it's a massive weight off my back, but I'm a bit scared as it's all a bit daunting.

Dyllan is autistic. He is extremely clever and has scarily advanced skills when it comes to using computers, phones and gadgets in general, as well as sorting and creating patterns by size and colours. People are amazed by him, yet his social skills are off, and he can't say a word. He will be 3 in September.

We're finally getting the help we need as we have been struggling with his speech and diet. He's been seeing a speech therapist since his 2nd birthday and his diet problems bring me to tears sometimes, he has been seeing a dietician for a few months but we have yet to make any progress at all, infact it's getting worse. He also has quite a severe gluten intolerance something which I have recently discovered is often linked to autistic children.

I'm learning with Dyllan in all of this. I've got experience in adult mental health but not autism and I'm finding it all extraordinary. Since his diagnosis it's a massive weight off my back, but I'm a bit scared as it's all a bit daunting.

My daughter faith was diagnoised with autism when she had just turned 3. She had no speech just noises ,diet problems and had no social skills. Im glad to say since she has been in a special needs school she has come along leaps and bounds . She speaks a lot more now, has friends and even tho she has bad days the improvement has been amazing.

• Paid Members
229677_10150176514457634_626962633_7211159_6455343_n.jpg

My daughter Lily, born on Sunday morning following a 52 hour labour which my wife really could have done without...

Congratulations!

My daughter faith was diagnoised with autism when she had just turned 3. She had no speech just noises ,diet problems and had no social skills. Im glad to say since she has been in a special needs school she has come along leaps and bounds . She speaks a lot more now, has friends and even tho she has bad days the improvement has been amazing.

That's comforting to know, thankyou for sharing. He isn't in preschool at the moment as I can't afford it and his funding won't start until Jan 2012 (the term after he turns 3). How old is your daughter now? When did she start preschool? What advice have you found the most helpful or tips? Sorry so many question but I'm sure you understand :)

EDIT: Did she also communicate by squeaking like a guinea pig? Or is that a Dyllan-ism lol

Edited by Kookoocachu