~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

• Paid Members

Maybe she was just looking at catalogue and lifestyle stuff, rather than him being a coked up anorexic fashion model?

Plenty of child models grow up without being psychologically disturbed. Just shallow and thick as pig shit.

• Moderators

Where did that strawman come from? No one made any distinction between high fashion / catalogue / commercial modelling.

It doesn't make any difference to any of the points raised here so far does it?

Some kids do legitimately enjoy posing for photos though.. Just not most of the ones that become child models.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
Maybe she was just looking at catalogue and lifestyle stuff, rather than him being a coked up anorexic fashion model?

Plenty of child models grow up without being psychologically disturbed. Just shallow and thick as pig shit.

Me or the children.

But lets face it why would any parent want to do that to their own child.

You start school at 4/5 and work on that till at least 16

16: You either carry on more school work, college, uni

or you get a job and work till your 60-65 or or maybe longer.

The chuck in the fact your Mum thought you were cute enough to be in kays catalogue from the age of two.

You work every other weekend from two till you are ten doing shit photo shoots missing out on the fun your friends are having. Then on your weekend off you climb a tree fall off and smash your face up thus ending any sort of promising modelling/acting career your parents had tried to force you into.

I ask again why would any parent think I know what will be a great idea I will put my two year old child to work.

I know a lot of people do this but surely it is wrong.

Edited by crawlingwest

Congratulations on your pregnancy MAT!

No kids myself nor am I exactly rushing into having any either but I do have a wee niece who's only about 6 weeks old. She's adorable and I absolutely adore her - more so I think because she's my first niece and the first ones are always extra special. I can't wrap my head around how anybody could possibly hurt or abuse a child and if I ever find out that's happened to Carla, someone is gonna die - as you can probably guess from that statement, I feel really protective towards her.

I'd like to raise an issue. Ever since having (four) kids, my sister has basically traded her personality for "I AM A MOTHER". If I ever ask her if she's seen a good new film or heard a new song, I get my head bitten off with "I DON'T HAVE TIME" and suich. It seems there are a lot of girls who just lose whatever (in my sister's case admittedly little) personality they had once they spit out a kid. Case in point, a girl I used to work with; fun, sexy, interesting. When she found out she was pregnant she wasn't thrilled but went on to have it and love it, as you do. However, her Facebook updates are literally nothing but "Look at my lil man!" and "My lil prince is sick :o(" etc.

People often scoff when I say I'll never have kids. Frankly I think it's weirder to want them to the point that it's your life goal and you lose all semblence of who you are in the process.

• Paid Members

Must be pretty time consuming taking care of four kids. She have a supportive husband/boyfriend? Mine is getting more and more independent but it was hard work at some points. Particularly when they're ill, that's a horrendous time.

I think it can be difficult for a woman to switch off. My missus is almost constantly thinking about our daughter. Even if we go out, go away, etc, she's always a Mum. It seems to be a natural instinct for some women. I think the older our daughter gets, the more freedom she'll allow herself. At times though, the umbilical cord might aswell still exist.

New mothers on facebook are a pain in the arse.

Word.

Seconded...

Everything baby does ever laid bare because its some how important.. Who gives a shit other than mum, close friends and family.. certainly not the rest of the world

Baby X at 1- a million weeks being shoved in my face when I open fb is quite honestly shit.

• Paid Members

Word.

Seconded...

Everything baby does ever laid bare because its some how important.. Who gives a shit other than mum, close friends and family.. certainly not the rest of the world

Baby X at 1- a million weeks being shoved in my face when I open fb is quite honestly shit.

My Ex is still like this even though our son is now 7 years old. Constant pointless stuff like "Waiting for the bus with the wee man". She manages to work full-time too so it's not like her life revolves around lookinig after our son.

I deliberately don't mention my son on Facebook now unless it's something he has done that I'm really proud of and want to boast about.

• Paid Members
I'd like to raise an issue. Ever since having (four) kids, my sister has basically traded her personality for "I AM A MOTHER". If I ever ask her if she's seen a good new film or heard a new song, I get my head bitten off with "I DON'T HAVE TIME" and suich. It seems there are a lot of girls who just lose whatever (in my sister's case admittedly little) personality they had once they spit out a kid. Case in point, a girl I used to work with; fun, sexy, interesting. When she found out she was pregnant she wasn't thrilled but went on to have it and love it, as you do. However, her Facebook updates are literally nothing but "Look at my lil man!" and "My lil prince is sick :o(" etc.

People often scoff when I say I'll never have kids. Frankly I think it's weirder to want them to the point that it's your life goal and you lose all semblence of who you are in the process.

I am not sure if it is a case of losing personality but just being run down. We have two boys and they are a handfull. Ones nearly five and the other willl be 3 in July. They argue over toys, they are loud, they fight with each other over small things not all the time but it does get to you. My wife gave up work in January to pursue being a full time Mum but even though one is at school when they are together sometimes they can be a nightmare and really run her down.

Other times they can be angels and give her kisses or a cuddle for no reason. Kids are hard work but the rewards are great too. When they do something funny like my youngest sounds like he is saying

"I want to fuck my teeth"

He is saying

"I want to Brush my teeth"

Its funny to hear things like that and they have so much personality. I think most women your sister for definate, is just get run down by them. I work a lot of hours so the wife gets a lot of time with the kids and it can just run you into the ground at times.

Once the kids get a little bit older it is much easier. I have play room/conservatory for them and my eldest who is nearly 5 will happily play in there with or with out us. There is sky in there and a fuck load of toys. He is well independent and much easier to look after and reason with. The nearly 3 year is a lot more hard work.

The whole thing of you never want kids I would never look down on you for. Its a choice if you don't want them then don't. My uncle is 44 and has been married for nearly 20 years and they have never wanted kids and are as happy as could be. My best mate is 24 he says he never wants kids either. There is no moral code saying you must have kids.

If some people scoff at you fuck them it's your life.

Also new Mum's who abuse facebook are really annoying. I think it is them trying to get a one up on other Mum's. The Irish used to do it back in the war richer familes would call the kids in for the tea and say oh come in for your tea were having chicken mash and veg. Next door was probably have sheep eyes. I see shit like it all the time my missus is guilty of it sometimes.

Putting stuff on facebook like had a lovely day at the cinema with the boys and hubby. For your attention love who gives a shit.

The missus and I have actually been put right off having kids by the transformation of some of our friends when they have kids. People seem to lose all sense of perspective. Yes, I know you've decided to sacrifice your entire life at the later of Tarquin and Melicent, but amazingly I don't find them as incredible and special and unique as you do. It's a child. There are many of them, and they all seem pretty much the same - they are all disease carriers who seem determined to wander into my path at every available opportunity. If I ever did have a child, teaching them to look where they were fucking going would be one of my first tasks.

• Moderators

If I see "mother" or "father" as the sole point of interest in someone's bio, it's a nice indicator that that person is not worth bothering with. At some point, like the messianic worship of our brave, brave, brave heroic boys, "mother" became the loftiest position one can attain in the media. Look at any story. "Thing happens to MOTHER" or "MOTHER has opinion." We all came from a mother. It's not some almighty seal of wisdom. Some people shit out a baby and think they're suddenly a higher evolved species.

• Paid Members

Anyone ever seen the film White Dog?

I'm adopting a similar training method with my children initially used on the dog in that film by training them to attack Chelsea fans, anyone wearing 'Bloke' t-shirts and people who try to use the self-service checkouts in Sainsbury's without knowing what they're fucking doing.

And blacks, obviously.