Paid Members Surf Digby Posted July 5, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 5, 2010 Don't rise to bait. The sooner he realises that tantrums don't get results, the quicker he'll abandon them. I was quite lucky in that my daughter was pretty good until her age hit double figures, but I always put this down to setting an example from early on. Her mother didn't follow through with punishments, and so suffers now with a lot of backchat and being ignored.
Paid Members Kookoocachu Posted July 5, 2010 Author Paid Members Posted July 5, 2010 See now, when I don't rise to the bait infront say, his grandparents, Suddenly I become a shit mum because somethings obviously wrong and that's why he's having a tantrum! Today, he did he best naughty dog refusing to walk down the road impression in a resturant. So, I let him lay there, and just stood by him, waiting for him to realise that by doing that, he hadn't changed anything. My Dad sees this, "What are you doing!?!? Get him off the floor! you can't leave him on the floor!!!!!" then yells at my mum to come and do something because I'm 'Not doing anything.' *headdesk*
ThumpSquids Posted July 5, 2010 Posted July 5, 2010 (edited) See now, when I don't rise to the bait infront say, his grandparents, Suddenly I become a shit mum because somethings obviously wrong and that's why he's having a tantrum! Today, he did he best naughty dog refusing to walk down the road impression in a resturant. So, I let him lay there, and just stood by him, waiting for him to realise that by doing that, he hadn't changed anything. My Dad sees this, "What are you doing!?!? Get him off the floor! you can't leave him on the floor!!!!!" then yells at my mum to come and do something because I'm 'Not doing anything.' *headdesk* Then you calmly but firmly explain to them what it is you are doing, and that you expect their support in doing so. If a kid knows that he/she can get away with murder simply because he/she pulls this behaviour out in public, where people tend to worry about what others think of them, then they will win every time, and get that lolli-pop in the supermarket every time, and grow up the get that Xbox game every time, and then will grow up to be a demanding, whiney slug. Hold fast. Edited July 5, 2010 by ThumpSquids
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted July 6, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 6, 2010 Right. first of all, great phorto's of all the recent babies. as I've said before, babys rock. Get a smile off one, and it is the most genuine smile you will ever get. Anne. Grandparents know everything and are better at it than you, in case you didn't know. They were never first time parents, and were born with an innate knowledge of how to handle there grandchildren, and how to belittle there children in the process. The worst thing you can do is argue the toss with them (your parents that is). As soon as you start snapping at them, they have won the war. Just calmly say thank you, but you know what you are doing, then carry on and ignore them. Hard I know, but it does work. As far as your son, as long as he is not rolling near any dog shit or other expulsive matter, let him have the thromby of his life. It will last around 30 seconds, but will go on longer if you interupt him. Once it's done, tell him that he has been naughty and will now miss out of the treat he was inevitibly going to get. Then follow it through. Worse thing you can do is tell him he is not getting a lolly, then getting him a lolly. Stick with it and chin-up. By the way, lookin goooood on your pic!
Paid Members Kookoocachu Posted July 8, 2010 Author Paid Members Posted July 8, 2010 Thanks mate Made me feel loads better Right an update for anyone thats following the Pampers saga on my blog at Kook Blogs. In my Last video I explained why they refused to put a warning on the packaging, that there wasn't any room? WELL! Go to my Latest post and see what I found Please pass it on to anyone you know who uses Pampers x
Paid Members Kookoocachu Posted July 10, 2010 Author Paid Members Posted July 10, 2010 So far today Dyllan has been the WORST he's ever been. I'm really at my wits end now. He's too young for the naughty step, and I can't put him in his cot because he can get out and if he's in his playpen he'll bash his head against the bars screaming until he seriously injures himself. All I want is a bloody break where I'm not clearing up after his latest trail of destruction. It's not like I can pop outside for 5 mins to gather myself because inside, Dyllan will be trying to kill himself. I can't put him in his pushcahir and go for a walk because I'd never get him in the pushchair which is crazy but if you've ever met my son you'll know just how strong he is and he can also undo his straps and get out. Where I'm living at the moment I'm not around anyone I know. My mum works full time and has my father to look after too so 99% of the time can't give me a hand. I know I should be able to do this by myself but you know what when he's like this I really can't.
kendal mint cake Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Pretty intense. This is why I don't have children yet.
Paid Members Kookoocachu Posted July 10, 2010 Author Paid Members Posted July 10, 2010 Pretty intense. This is why I don't have children yet. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change it for the world and I know this is just a phase, I'm just struggling at the moment.
Paid Members Gordon_The_Gopher Posted July 10, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 10, 2010 "Not at the table, Carlos" This is poo-bum. My son Zack. Here we are being all smiles. Anne Au, keep your chin up. Weather as much as possible but don't be afraid to take some time out and ask for some help, I haven't read through the thread but I would suggest putting him in nursery/child-minder for even half a day a week just to give yourself some "you" time.
Paid Members Kookoocachu Posted July 10, 2010 Author Paid Members Posted July 10, 2010 Anne Au, keep your chin up. Weather as much as possible but don't be afraid to take some time out and ask for some help, I haven't read through the thread but I would suggest putting him in nursery/child-minder for even half a day a week just to give yourself some "you" time. I'm looking up how I could afford it as we speak. Your son is gorgeous btw xxxxx
The Guvnor Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 Just noticed this thread, as I'm only an occasional visitor to the forum these days.... Our little fella, Eddie, is just coming up for six months old now. He's generally very good and sleeps really well through the night. He's a very happy, content little boy and only really cries when there's something wrong. He's very close to talking and I don't think it'll be long before he says his first word. We've thought he's said 'hello' and 'yeah' a couple of times, so we'll see. Here are a few pictures of the little man.... In the post-natal recovery ward at the hospital. Getting ready to go back to Perth. Back at the hospital in Perth. Sleeping at home. Sleepy boy. Auditioning for Frankenstein. Cutie pie. Foody time with daddy. Happy boy. Snuggle time with mummy. This wasn't deliberate. We were going to put the bib on him, dropped it and he started pulling faces, so we took pics. Little actor. Eddie and the heffies. Eddie and daddy. I see baby people. Going for a little stroll. Cheeky little man. First time swimming. Playing outside. On the playmat. He's really a little sit. On the sofa.
Paid Members Gordon_The_Gopher Posted July 10, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 10, 2010 Thank you kindly! He has moments where the devil is in him but honestly I have to say he has made my life. He has yet to hit "that phase" but my nephew went through it and pushed as hard as he could to see what he could get away with. No amount of shouting or screaming would help from his parents and the only people he would reciprocate to were me or his grandparents because we would sit and wait... And wait... Now being a parent I know it's a totally different ball game but Zack seems to respond to just being played with and allowed freedom. This is just him though and they are all different!
Paid Members Kookoocachu Posted July 10, 2010 Author Paid Members Posted July 10, 2010 awww I love his name!! Really suits him!!! Babies + swimming = best fun ever!
Paid Members Gordon_The_Gopher Posted July 10, 2010 Paid Members Posted July 10, 2010 I add this one because I think he looks a bit like "Playboy" Buddy Rose And I post this one to show how massive his head is. That's my sister. She is 23 years old. He is 14 months old. LOOK AT HIS MASSIVE F*@#ING HEAD!!!
The Guvnor Posted July 10, 2010 Posted July 10, 2010 awww I love his name!! Really suits him!!! Babies + swimming = best fun ever! Thank you Eddie (well, Edward) is a family name. We were going to go with Ellie for a girl. Now everyone we know has named their kiddie Ellie. With the swimming, we were worried he wouldn't like it, but he loved it. He didn't like his bath time to begin with, but he loves it now, especially now he's moved into the big bath.
Recommended Posts