~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

• Awards Moderator
This thread hasn't been posted in for nearly a year.

Time to bring it back to life me thinks!

Dyllan had his first photoshoot on 3/3/10 and he will be 18 months old on the 19th ( :crazy: )

4425055200_bebe7fbd29.jpg

4424289917_f72258c799.jpg

4425055038_27304d1a65.jpg

Proud mummy moment :rolleyes:

He is absolutely adorable. Although keeping him in a crate is a bit unfair.

Seriously though, I remember when you first posted about being pregnant and now he's 18 months? Jesus, I can't get over how quickly that's gone! Brilliant photos, even if they make me feel like I've lost nearly two years of my life :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
He is absolutely adorable. Although keeping him in a crate is a bit unfair.

Seriously though, I remember when you first posted about being pregnant and now he's 18 months? Jesus, I can't get over how quickly that's gone! Brilliant photos, even if they make me feel like I've lost nearly two years of my life :thumbsup:

I know right!? Imagine how it feels for me!? lol

So much has happened in a year, Its like every time I look at him, hes grown up even more. Its scary at how fast its going but I'm loving every second of it :)

I've spent two working days on and off reading this thread from start to finish. It's one of the best ever.

And I can't remember who was looking for a band name, but 'Dark Discharge' has got to be a winner.

But what I wanted to know never really got dsicussed. When you're pushing the baby out, do you shit and piss and bleed everywhere?

Often, the mother will be given a laxative very early in labour so she doesn't make a mess. The muscles you use to push out a really stubborn turd are pretty much the same muscles used to push out a kid. There's gonna be some blood, because things get...torn. Plus there's all the gunk the baby's covered in and has been living in for the previous 9 months. Piss...I really don't know.

• Paid Members
I've spent two working days on and off reading this thread from start to finish. It's one of the best ever.

And I can't remember who was looking for a band name, but 'Dark Discharge' has got to be a winner.

But what I wanted to know never really got dsicussed. When you're pushing the baby out, do you shit and piss and bleed everywhere?

Often, the mother will be given a laxative very early in labour so she doesn't make a mess. The muscles you use to push out a really stubborn turd are pretty much the same muscles used to push out a kid. There's gonna be some blood, because things get...torn. Plus there's all the gunk the baby's covered in and has been living in for the previous 9 months. Piss...I really don't know.

Dude, you know NOTHING.

They stopped giving women enemas years ago as if there is a bowel movement, it helps the midwives to see how the baby's head is progressing.

As for the muscles being the same as the ones you use when opening your bowels, theyre not. Your womb contracting is doing most of the work and the rest of the muscles are just close to the ones you would use on the loo.

Blood? well DUH. The placenta (which is fascinating) will be breaking away from the wall of the womb, along with the 'cushion' thats been keeping baby snug for 9 months (what comes out when you have a period)

Pissing? very few women dont, unless your able to have a pee in dignity before your babys born.

Oh and then theres sick too.

• Paid Members

Dude, you know NOTHING.

They stopped giving women enemas years ago as if there is a bowel movement, it helps the midwives to see how the baby's head is progressing.

As for the muscles being the same as the ones you use when opening your bowels, theyre not. Your womb contracting is doing most of the work and the rest of the muscles are just close to the ones you would use on the loo.

Blood? well DUH. The placenta (which is fascinating) will be breaking away from the wall of the womb, along with the 'cushion' thats been keeping baby snug for 9 months (what comes out when you have a period)

Pissing? very few women dont, unless your able to have a pee in dignity before your babys born.

I am so glad I have a cock.

Dude, you know NOTHING.

I didn't say enema. I said laxative. Clearly Edinburgh has different practices from the Isle of Wight, since that's what they gave my sister.

The muscles thing...I'm only going on what my mother and sister have both told me.

And the blood - technically, what you describe isn't really "blood". Technical differentiation, I guess, since it's red and sticky and stuff.

I've never spotted this thread before, but I'm going to read it from start to finish. I've got my first kid on the way in 7weeks so I'm reading pretty much everything I can about people's experiences (especially Dad's) of what it's like when your child is born. I can't wait!

• Paid Members

Dude, you know NOTHING.

I didn't say enema. I said laxative. Clearly Edinburgh has different practices from the Isle of Wight, since that's what they gave my sister.

The muscles thing...I'm only going on what my mother and sister have both told me.

And the blood - technically, what you describe isn't really "blood". Technical differentiation, I guess, since it's red and sticky and stuff.

Sorry i read it too quickly!

and it is blood, just clotted to make a pillow.

I read the first few pages yesterday and my god, hind sights a wonderful thing!

The placenta is an intricate working group of wonder vessels.

The blood passed during labour is only the blood that comes from these blood vessels as they get sheared away from the wall of the uterus during contractions. There is rarely alot of blood from things getting torn, firstly because there isn't too much blood supply in the thin skin that would be getting torn. If it's muscle that gets torn, it still doesn't produce too much blood. Many people think they have bled loads when really they haven't. This is because the "waters" that surround the baby mix with the blood which dilutes it and makes it look more. The average blood loss in labour is about 200-300mls.

Enemas and laxatives are not standard practice to administer during labour, however it will be given if requested.

I'm bored.