~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

So far today Dyllan has been the WORST he's ever been.

I'm really at my wits end now. He's too young for the naughty step, and I can't put him in his cot because he can get out and if he's in his playpen he'll bash his head against the bars screaming until he seriously injures himself.

All I want is a bloody break where I'm not clearing up after his latest trail of destruction. It's not like I can pop outside for 5 mins to gather myself because inside, Dyllan will be trying to kill himself. I can't put him in his pushcahir and go for a walk because I'd never get him in the pushchair which is crazy but if you've ever met my son you'll know just how strong he is and he can also undo his straps and get out.

Where I'm living at the moment I'm not around anyone I know. My mum works full time and has my father to look after too so 99% of the time can't give me a hand.

I know I should be able to do this by myself but you know what when he's like this I really can't.

My brother used to nut walls too, the tactic of ignoring really does work, and he'll stop once he gets an egg on his head, then again, this was in 1990, and there were less goody goodys reporting shit to social services if your kid has so much as a mark.

only thing i can say is have patience, it'll get better, eventually.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

This time 2 years ago I was in hospital. 2 failed inductions already, thoroughly fed up of going in and out of labor even by then!

How things have changed, my little man will be 2 on sunday. Today we had some fun!

4999786258_c18bd95d86.jpg

DSCN2961 by Kookoocachu, on Flickr

4999785468_6717bb2d1f.jpg

DSCN2952 by Kookoocachu, on Flickr

4999786972_f1470ea003.jpg

DSCN2967 by Kookoocachu, on Flickr

4999182895_c5052f0d7b.jpg

DSCN2963 by Kookoocachu, on Flickr

4999787460_ca047b0625.jpg

DSCN2972 by Kookoocachu, on Flickr

4999180347_22107e8b46.jpg

DSCN2922 by Kookoocachu, on Flickr

4999180855_46936c6eb5.jpg

DSCN2926 by Kookoocachu, on Flickr

• Paid Members
edit: Oh, and as someone who has to spell their name (and explain the pronunciation of) to everyone they ever speak to, give the kid something simple. Dylan's fine, it's a great name. I'll buy him a cuddly toy of the rabbit off of the Magic Rounderbout when he's born if you go with that spelling.

4999180855_46936c6eb5.jpg

DSCN2926 by Kookoocachu, on Flickr

Well I did go ahead with the other spelling but still. Awesome friends are awesome.

And yes Surf he's half chinese.

• Awards Moderator

I fucking love MAT's updates in here. There's a ridiculous amount of bollocks posted on this board about stuff that doesn't matter; I love reading about Matt Hardy's belly, daft news stories, lunatic conspiracy theories and who we'd do in the 50 + bracket. I really do. But looking back at when MAT found out she was pregnant to now, when she's posting pics of her two year old who looks like a dead happy kid, it's one of the few things on this forum which matters in the real world and which shows a person's life changing over the years. Cracking stuff.

Oh, but I always though Au was black.

• Paid Members
I fucking love MAT's updates in here. There's a ridiculous amount of bollocks posted on this board about stuff that doesn't matter; I love reading about Matt Hardy's belly, daft news stories, lunatic conspiracy theories and who we'd do in the 50 + bracket. I really do. But looking back at when MAT found out she was pregnant to now, when she's posting pics of her two year old who looks like a dead happy kid, it's one of the few things on this forum which matters in the real world and which shows a person's life changing over the years. Cracking stuff.

Oh, but I always though Au was black.

Thankyou so much :) Reading that brought tears to my eyes!

This time 2 years ago I was in hospital. 2 failed inductions already, thoroughly fed up of going in and out of labor even by then!

Hate to be a downer-ish same Bday as me Sept 19th :) also National Pirate day too :) YARRRRRRRR

I know!!! Awesome isn't it!?? :laugh:

September is a mad month for birthdays. It's round 2 of the baby boom down here and just this week 5 of my friends have given birth :crazy:

• Moderators

My mate's missus is giving birth today, and me and my pal Matt have decided we should probably get them something. He suggested Nappies (Which I agreed with, but would look a bit shit), or Vouchers (Which I also refused, as I fucking hate getting vouchers, and wouldn't get someone else them). I suggest a George Foreman grill as they're handy.

What do you reckon we should get them? We're willing to go all the way to twenty quid each, so forty quid.

My mate's missus is giving birth today, and me and my pal Matt have decided we should probably get them something. He suggested Nappies (Which I agreed with, but would look a bit shit), or Vouchers (Which I also refused, as I fucking hate getting vouchers, and wouldn't get someone else them). I suggest a George Foreman grill as they're handy.

What do you reckon we should get them? We're willing to go all the way to twenty quid each, so forty quid.

for

Great post! And I couldn't agree more. I've never posted in here before but I always made a point of checking out the updates whenever MAT posted them. The fact you can go to page one of this thread and trace a persons life from their mother being a couple of months pregnant to their 2nd birthday is absolutely amazing and like Waterboy said is one of the few things on this forum that actually means anything in the grand scheme of things. Big thanks to MAT for sharing it with us :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

I would buy bits like muslin squares, cotton wool, wipes, nappies, maybe one of those casting kits you can get from mothercare. What you don't spend, buy a mothercare voucher :)

Great post! And I couldn't agree more. I've never posted in here before but I always made a point of checking out the updates whenever MAT posted them. The fact you can go to page one of this thread and trace a persons life from their mother being a couple of months pregnant to their 2nd birthday is absolutely amazing and like Waterboy said is one of the few things on this forum that actually means anything in the grand scheme of things. Big thanks to MAT for sharing it with us :thumbsup:

Thankyou! :) x

• Paid Members

I would buy bits like muslin squares, cotton wool, wipes, nappies, maybe one of those casting kits you can get from mothercare. What you don't spend, buy a mothercare voucher :)

Fuck that, get them the grill. I fucking love my Foreman, if I had a kid I'd want a way to quickly and safely grill shit for my dinner, while also draining the fat right off.