~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

• Paid Members
Are you saying it now from a fathers perspective or have you always thought that.

I've always thought it. When I met the person I wanted to share my life with, having kids was always something we both wanted to do. For me, it's a massive part of the whole relationship thing. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to "grow their own".

My dad was shit, just shouldn't have been a father, wanted kids then lost interest soon as I was born, I was just in the way of my mum getting his tea ready on time. While I wouldn't be as bad, I just don't have the interest in being a dad or being in a stable family environment. So why would I want to have a kid and bring it into that. No kids for me, ever. Not on purpose anyway.

My Dad was a cunt. Only made me more determined to be better.

• Paid Members
Disabled people usually make me uncomfy too. Not because of their disability specifically, but because you seem rude if you look at them. I usually look at people who I walk past anyway, whether they're disabled or not. I don't stare, but a casual glance. When you glance at a disabled person and they see you, you always think they must think you're staring at them because of it.

"When I see freaks in the street, I never ever stare at them, and yet I'm careful not to look away, see, because I want to make the freaks feel comfortable."

Are you saying it now from a fathers perspective or have you always thought that.

I've always thought it. When I met the person I wanted to share my life with, having kids was always something we both wanted to do. For me, it's a massive part of the whole relationship thing. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to "grow their own".

My dad was shit, just shouldn't have been a father, wanted kids then lost interest soon as I was born, I was just in the way of my mum getting his tea ready on time. While I wouldn't be as bad, I just don't have the interest in being a dad or being in a stable family environment. So why would I want to have a kid and bring it into that. No kids for me, ever. Not on purpose anyway.

My Dad was a cunt. Only made me more determined to be better.

Me too. And by making the decision not to have a kid, I've bettered my dad by making a good, realistic choice. I've no doubt bad parents can benefit the next generation/grandkids more often than not but its not for everybody.

Disabled people usually make me uncomfy too. Not because of their disability specifically, but because you seem rude if you look at them. I usually look at people who I walk past anyway, whether they're disabled or not. I don't stare, but a casual glance. When you glance at a disabled person and they see you, you always think they must think you're staring at them because of it.

"When I see freaks in the street, I never ever stare at them, and yet I'm careful not to look away, see, because I want to make the freaks feel comfortable."

Awh man, we going there.. I dont give a shit. I used to, but so I use a stick so what?. Afaik many disabled people are the same. Remember the guy who fell off the train platform one new years and got both his legs amputated by an on coming train cos he was larking about, he was in my course at uni, he didnt give a shit either!

Awh man, we going there.. I dont give a shit. I used to, but so I use a stick so what?. Afaik many disabled people are the same. Remember the guy who fell off the train platform one new years and got both his legs amputated by an on coming train cos he was larking about, he was in my course at uni, he didnt give a shit either!

Good job then, he wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Following on from Sickboy's points, I can't be the only one who rolled their eyes at International Women's Day there? Furthermore, a new Irish government was sworn in yesterday and only two women became ministers. Cue uppity feminists throwing their toys out of the pram. I thought we were all supposed to be equal? It should be noted that the biggest feminist I know regularly updates her Facebook boasting about how she gets reduced taxi fares by flirting with the driver.

I'm off to start The Official Misogynist Thread.

This is a brilliant piece by Mariella Frostrup about International Women's Day

In the western world the greatest triumph of spin in the last century is reflected in attitudes to feminism. Our struggle for emancipation and equality has been surreptitiously rewritten as a harpy bra-burning contest while elsewhere, in less affluent parts of the world, the response is altogether different. From Mozambique to Chad, South Africa and Liberia, Sierra Leone to Burkina Faso, feminism is the buzzword for a generation of women determined to change the course of the future for themselves and their families. At female gatherings all over sub-Saharan Africa you'll find enthusiasm and eager signatories to the cause.

Not, they're quick to point out, that they're fans of the strident man bashing we enthusiastically took part in during feminism's second wave. Theirs is a quiet, dignified and entirely implacable determination to make equality not just an aspiration but a reality, in the areas of life where it most counts, from government to enterprise. And they're achieving it, too. Under the banner of Gender is My Agenda, with the encouragement of the African Union, which has named this the Decade of African Women, small women's groups across the African continent are coming together to lobby, draw strength, learn leadership and conflict-negotiating skills and support each other in creating and sustaining small businesses.

Women's role in conflict resolution was highlighted in Liberia, first in ending the bloody reign of Charles Taylor and then in electing the first ever female African president, the recent Nobel Peace prize nominee Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf. Johnson-Sirleaf has also this year won the coveted African Gender Award for helping poor women send children to school and for developing a female enterprise fund. In neighbouring Rwanda, women now outnumber men in parliament (by 52% to 48% men).

Conversely, in the UK there are more blokes called Dave and Nick in government than there are women MPs. Women continue to hover at a steady 19% in the chamber, put off perhaps by a testosterone-fuelled climate where the last two prime ministers' wives have given up high- flying careers to support their husbands or simply to satisfy the perceived demands of middle England. Meanwhile, deputy prime minister Nick Clegg, instead of receiving praise, was drowned in a chorus of derision for attempting a degree of shared parenting with his working wife Miriam.

In the face of such continuing inequities, do a straw poll in a room full of modern Brits and you'll find that those willing to commit to the F word are few and far between. But, Top Gear presenters aside, I wonder if members of either sex actually disagree with what feminism set out to achieve, which is the social, economic and political equality of the sexes (see any definition for confirmation of those goals). Better yet, it's a battle we've all but won. Time for a pat on the back to all concerned, and special thanks to Emmeline Pankhurst, Germaine Greer and the rest.

The myth of equality, or near enough, was one I fell for like so many others until I was asked to participate in a debate at the Royal Geographical Society a few years ago. "We're All Feminists Now" asserted the motion

• Paid Members
My little prince, 2 and a half!

He was rejected from a modelling agency because of his lazy eye, I still think he's gorgeous and perfect.

5512651289_d91877112d.jpg

zzjsj by Kookoocachu, on Flickr

Out of interest why would you want your child to become a model? You see all these child stars fucked up and splashed across the papers is that what you want for your child?

I really never understood why a parent would want their own child to have go do photo shoots and all that stuff at such a young age. When kids are two years old shouldn't they be enjoying this new life they are in. Going to the park, Paying football, Going to the cinema you know all that kid stuff to do. Why would you want them to have a schedule and go do photo shoots at two years old, it is crazy.

If you fucked up your own life and didn't aspire to be what you wanted to be don't take it out on your kids and ruin their lives.

If I asked my two year old what he wanted to do play football or go take photos for 4 hours we would be in a park with in 5 minutes. I'll post a picture of him here when i get home as well. You could probably say he was model material but I would never do that to a child that looks at me for protection.

Wow. Just wow. I'm not sure you're actually being serious but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

For a start, I didn't wake up one day and think, 'My son is going to be a model!' We were approached by an agent while we were out shopping. I had a good think about it, Dyllan loves to pose and dress up, so he would be getting a nice savings account whilst having fun. However when he has his pictures taken, it shows up his lazy eye which to a lot of agencies is obviously not worthy of a contract. Nevermind, he's still Buggy and still very awesome.

• Paid Members

Unexpected phone call from my brother today: "You're gonna be an uncle." His girlfriend is ten weeks' pregnant.

Although I'm sure that the reaction in the etiquette guidelines would be to express one's joy at the news, I'm afraid I could only muster "Oh, fucking hell. For fuck's sake." They've only been going out for twelve weeks ... and she's gone down with any of us that have met her disastrously, with my mother expressing concern that she'd get herself pregnant to trap him. (She just seems the type who wants a kid here and now and the daft twat seems to have taken "I'm on the pill" as the truth.) I suspect that she was a one-night-stand gone wrong anyway; there's no reason for them to be together and, after she caused a commotion at my sister's, my brother expressed to my brother-in-law that he doesn't even like her. Ridiculous.

• Paid Members
My little prince, 2 and a half!

He was rejected from a modelling agency because of his lazy eye, I still think he's gorgeous and perfect.

5512651289_d91877112d.jpg

zzjsj by Kookoocachu, on Flickr

Out of interest why would you want your child to become a model? You see all these child stars fucked up and splashed across the papers is that what you want for your child?

I really never understood why a parent would want their own child to have go do photo shoots and all that stuff at such a young age. When kids are two years old shouldn't they be enjoying this new life they are in. Going to the park, Paying football, Going to the cinema you know all that kid stuff to do. Why would you want them to have a schedule and go do photo shoots at two years old, it is crazy.

If you fucked up your own life and didn't aspire to be what you wanted to be don't take it out on your kids and ruin their lives.

If I asked my two year old what he wanted to do play football or go take photos for 4 hours we would be in a park with in 5 minutes. I'll post a picture of him here when i get home as well. You could probably say he was model material but I would never do that to a child that looks at me for protection.

Wow. Just wow. I'm not sure you're actually being serious but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

For a start, I didn't wake up one day and think, 'My son is going to be a model!' We were approached by an agent while we were out shopping. I had a good think about it, Dyllan loves to pose and dress up, so he would be getting a nice savings account whilst having fun. However when he has his pictures taken, it shows up his lazy eye which to a lot of agencies is obviously not worthy of a contract. Nevermind, he's still Buggy and still very awesome.

Sorry still don't get it.

First off if a person who i didn't know came up to me while out shopping with either of my boys and said i want to take photos of your kid. They wouldn't be able to take many photos after they said it because i would break their fingers and refer back to the how to get rid of a dead body thread.

I wouldn't care if they has a business card some offcial t-shirts whatever. Any weirdo can get stuff like that go around asking people can I take pictures of your two year old kid he looks cute. I am still in amazment you agreed to it. Each to their own i suppose.

Also my boys loving posing and dressing up no need to put them to work at 2 though.

Anyway my boys......

200276_10150103133570946_550620945_6943846_550659_n.jpg

184335_10150103140100946_550620945_6943935_7463479_n.jpg