Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Thanks to all for the kind messages. Always feel a bit daft saying it, but it really is a fantastic extra support.

 

I'm relieved to report he has picked up a bit since Friday. He's progressing very well with his breathing, but we've got a bit of sweat on now as they're going to take a blood sample to test his chromosomes for Downs Syndrome. We probably won't find out the results for a week and its partly just precautionary on a few suspicions they had when he was born, but its something to possibly prepare for. But he is doing really well otherwise, requiring less and less machines to help every day, responding to everything better, and we were able to briefly hold him yesterday so that's ace. Fingers crossed that continues. So we're getting there, hopefully it all continues the same way and we can be looking towards getting home soon. My missus amazes me more and more everyday. I'm gonna have to buy her something fucking good for this.

  • Moderators
Posted

Congrats dude.. Glad to hear all this signs are pretty positive as you go; hell of an emotional rollercoaster you've been on, can't even begin to imagine where your head has been at over the last few days.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Congratulations NEWM and I hope you get some more great news over the next few weeks and everything works out great for you all.

Posted

Again, pardon what probably seems an overly personal share session with you lot, I just don't quite have it in me to talk to most of my friends about this yet. We got told this morning that interim results of the test have said he has Downs Syndrome, and the interim test doesn't normally veer so we should consider this the result. It's a lot to take in at the moment and I'm not quite sure what I'm thinking, or will likely think in the upcoming weeks. He's doing amazingly well with all his actual problems and its important for us to remember that this is not a problem, it's his life. It's just A LOT to wrap our heads around. Thanks for the outlet as always, I'm sure ill be back in pretty bloody soon.

Posted

Well it's clear that your boy is born into a wonderful, loving family. All the congratulations and love to you in the world, old chap.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Man, what a rollercoaster you and the missus must have been on the last week. You must have been all over the place emotionally.

 

I don't know a great deal about Downs Syndrome, I'm sure it will bring it's challenges but the most important thing is he's getting better and he has loving parents. You already seem to have a positive way of looking at it and you're right to not look on it as a problem. As long as the lad has his health and the love of his parents, that's as good a start as you can give him.

 

Really chuffed to hear your son is doing well now. Do you know when you can take him home yet? Best wishes to yous all.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I can only echo the sentiments of others really, that the boy has obviously loving parents and as long as you're prepared for the challenges Down's Syndrome will bring, you'll both be fine. Congratulations again.

  • Moderators
Posted
I can only echo the sentiments of others really, that the boy has obviously loving parents and as long as you're prepared for the challenges Down's Syndrome will bring, you'll both be fine. Congratulations again.

 

word. It's a lot to wrap your head around, I'm sure, but Look at it this way though - y'all are first time parents, so you already didn't know anything about what you were doing. You always knew you'd have lots to learn along the way, so although the challenges are a bit different than you were expecting I'm sure you and the little man are gonna be just fine!

Posted
Well it's clear that your boy is born into a wonderful, loving family. All the congratulations and love to you in the world, old chap.

I second this

 

Good luck NEWM

  • Paid Members
Posted

I know you have delclared your wonderful wife and amazing new boy as heroes, which they are indeed, but the way you are positively managing the situation puts you in the same league. Well done to you all, and heres to your happy future together as a family.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I only came in here, coz I have one on the way in April and wasn't prepared for what NEWM had posted to grasp me as it did.

Congratulations to you, your missus and little dude!! Was a very very heartwarming read, sir. My cousin has a child with Downs Syndrome and she is the most joyous, loving, cutest kid you could ever imagine.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...