~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

• Paid Members

Ha yeah I'm not over keen on Ryan or Connor either. My girlfriend suggested Kyra or Kira or Keira, however the fuck she wants it spelt, for a girl. I quite like it.

Boys names, all we're in agreement on yet is we're thinking of Joseph or Joe as a middle name, after my girlfriend's uncle who died over Christmas. I think it would be a nice touch and would mean a lot to my girlfriend's family, especially her Mom.

But we can't agree on a first name. Good job we've got 9 months. I'm being a pain in the arse because I dislike the suggestions my girlfriend says, but I'm offering fuck all as alternatives. I'm really stumped for boys names. Plenty of time.

• Paid Members

Cheers Johnny and Chest.

You've just given me a get-out on Ryan Connor there Houchen, so thanks. John is a good shout actually, and it's my Dads's name. I'll see what the Wandette says.

John Connor would be some name for a baby.

My girlfriend told me tonight that she's pregnant!

Apparently she's known since yesterday but wanted to do a second test to be certain before telling me. I knew she was acting different. We've told both our families but we're keeping it low-key and not telling everyone else until we've been to the doctor's and stuff. But I'm already finding it difficult not to tell everyone, so here I am.

I really should be in bed now. I've got to be up for work at 6, but there's no way I'll get to sleep now. My girlfriend's conked out asleep leaving me sat here with it all sinking in. In truth I'm as nervous as I am excited.

Congratulations mate.

Really great news.

Talk about a big few months.

When they knew it was a girl.. they considered Ellie. I noted that i liked the name Ellie...they then went with something similar in...Elliana...but basically so that they could call her Lana and do always call her Lana. I think both are nice enough names but why not just call her Lana to begin with?

Anyway, as i say mine often changes but i like Clark for a lad.

First of all, Clark is my name you thieving bastard. Second of all - my name is also perfect example of your first point. Katherine, Katie, Kate.... etc etc etc.

My girlfriend told me tonight that she's pregnant!

I really should be in bed now. I've got to be up for work at 6, but there's no way I'll get to sleep now. My girlfriend's conked out asleep leaving me sat here with it all sinking in. In truth I'm as nervous as I am excited.

Congratulations Daddy! Something that I was told once, is that if you wait for the perfect time to have kids, you will never have kids. Truth is that they are awesome until they turn into teenagers so as long as you get the groundwork right, you can try to ride out those years with minimal pain.

Enjoy all this stuff while you can - the excitement etc before they baby actually comes, and when people offer the help with the newborn - take it! And don't forget to remember your relationship in the process. Remember that you will still need to treat your girlfriend like your girlfriend - not just a mummy. Remember those things and you will be awesome :)

• Paid Members

Thanks again for the well wishes you lovely lot.

And thanks a lot for the advice Jasmine. All taken on board. I need it, I feel like I know nothing about being a Dad. Being called Daddy will take some getting used to.

There will be no shortage of helpers if we need them - as well as the 2 sets of grandparents, there will be 2 aunts and an uncle from my side of the family, and 2 uncles and 2 aunts on my girlfriend's side.

The next 12-15 months is going to be mental with the baby coming and the wedding and stuff. I'm thinking about suggesting delaying the wedding slightly actually. We were planning June or July 2014, but I don't want my girlfriend getting all stressed over the wedding during the pregnancy. Timing's all to cock. I'd rather hold off, even if its just a few months.

• 1 month later...
Congratulations but why were you dreading it? I've got nieces and nephews and they're all awesome.

I'm essentially an uncle to my cousins kids (No incest jokes!), and I dunno, I just find it easier to play with her son more for whatever reason.

I wouldn't have been bothered either way mind you, just the old thing of a man looking forward to Football and Fighting rather than Ballet and Barbie I suppose. Plus they were both wanting a boy, so everyone (except my Mum who is sick fedup of having baby boys in the family) is happy.