Paid Members Fatty Facesitter Posted November 13, 2013 Paid Members Posted November 13, 2013 Other half is late, so to speak. Going to do a pregnancy test today. I don't think I've ever been so nervous in my life.
Paid Members FLips Posted November 13, 2013 Paid Members Posted November 13, 2013 Other half is late, so to speak. Going to do a pregnancy test today. I don't think I've ever been so nervous in my life. In a good or bad way?
Paid Members Fatty Facesitter Posted November 13, 2013 Paid Members Posted November 13, 2013 (edited) I've no idea. We absolutely want kids down the line, but we were hoping to put it off for a bit longer than this. She wants a more stable job for instance, and we're only in a tiny place at the moment. Took all the precautions and all that which is probably why I'm more shocked than anything else. Ask me again when I find out. I can't get hold of her for now as her mobile is knackered (She might have said "Catch!" from across the room so I could charge it, and I might have dropped it in the nearby fish tank. Might.) so I'll probably have to wait till I get home! Oh, brother. Edited November 13, 2013 by Fatty Facesitter
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted November 13, 2013 Moderators Posted November 13, 2013 Well I can see why you would absolutely be shitting it. I would. But the good thing is you do know you want kids, anyway. And there's no such thing as a good time to do it; there'll always be excuses to wait... Good luck fella!
Paid Members PunkStep Posted November 13, 2013 Paid Members Posted November 13, 2013 And there's no such thing as a good time to do it; there'll always be excuses to wait... This. As long as you want kids, relatively speaking it doesn't matter when they come along- you find ways to cope if there are logistical or financial obstacles. But yeah, good luck Nicko! If the test is positive and you'd taken precautions, that's some relentless sperms you got swimming about there friend.
NEWM Posted November 13, 2013 Posted November 13, 2013 I've been refreshing this page today as if it was my twitter feed or something, what's the 411, Nicko?! Forget telling friends, family, talking it over with each other, or any of that nonsense! It's right here on this forum full of strangers where you need to be sharing this sort of thing.
Paid Members FLips Posted November 13, 2013 Paid Members Posted November 13, 2013 I've been refreshing this page today as if it was my twitter feed or something, what's the 411, Nicko?! Forget telling friends, family, talking it over with each other, or any of that nonsense! It's right here on this forum full of strangers where you need to be sharing this sort of thing. Haha I've been exactly the same! It feels like at least every hour I'll check to see if he's found out yet.
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted November 13, 2013 Paid Members Posted November 13, 2013 I'm predicting this was Nicko 2 hours ago:-
Paid Members Fatty Facesitter Posted November 13, 2013 Paid Members Posted November 13, 2013 (edited) Thanks folks, and sorry to keep you in suspense my Mackem matey. Couldn't think of a dramatic/funny way to reveal the result of the test, so I'll hop straight to it.... .....NEGATIVE. False alarm. Test was negative and by complete coincidence it looks like her, erm lady stuff has started up again today, of all days. She's going to do another one just in case (they say to do a couple to be sure, I think) but it doesn't look like a goer this time round. I'm mostly relieved, but I was actually really warming to the idea by the time I finally got home. Started thinking of names and everything. I'd looked at baby/parenting books on Amazon, looked up prices for cots, everything. But the little Nickos, Slick Dicks and Fatty's will have to wait a little longer for their arrival from my loins. I feel like I've built up something now and haven't delivered. Sorry chaps, but appreciate the moral support all the same. Went through an emotional wringer today and I'm glad I had to place to spill my guts. When the time does come, you'll still be the first to know! *Exhales dramatically* Edited November 13, 2013 by Fatty Facesitter
Paid Members PunkStep Posted November 14, 2013 Paid Members Posted November 14, 2013 She's going to do another one just in case (they say to do a couple to be sure, I think) but it doesn't look like a goer this time round. Yeah I bet they fucking do, at a tenner a pop. Bloody expensive things.
carolann Posted November 15, 2013 Posted November 15, 2013 She's going to do another one just in case (they say to do a couple to be sure, I think) but it doesn't look like a goer this time round. Yeah I bet they fucking do, at a tenner a pop. Bloody expensive things. I did 4 tests this time. Was really unsure so as a cheapy cowbag i went to the poundland in brixton for some test strips. confirmation for a quid - good times. Went to boots and got a pair of the fancy digital ones to do the test again and show the hubster. He'd get really annoyed if i gave him a bit of card covered in wee.
Paid Members Scott Malbranque Posted November 15, 2013 Paid Members Posted November 15, 2013 Here's me little rossy now. Her hair actually looks bleached in that pic - which is mad - but she's snow white blonde.
Paid Members Teedy Kay Posted December 5, 2013 Paid Members Posted December 5, 2013 Here's my now two year old Liv with the newest addition to the family! Phoebe was born last Friday and is doing really well
Recommended Posts