Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Wasn't sure where to post this, and hate bumping ancient threads, but alas, the Swiss Family Matrix is set to welcome a new member in November.

 

A combination of delighted and anxious, scared that two kids under 2yrs old will run me into the ground, but I never thought i'd have one in me, much less two, so i'm absolutely chuffed to bits.

 

So this is less that two weeks away now!!  Where the hell did the time go!?  We've had a horrific scare over the last few weeks, a scan at 32 weeks found excess fluid on the baby's brain and meant we got referred to a specialist paediatric neurologist for tests since it could result in all manner of nasty, horrible effects.

 

It's been a traumatic wait since we found out, but we got the last set of results through this morning which would suggest that apart from the fluid levels, everything else is showing as normal, which rules out a whole load of potential scenarios, but we still have to have an ultrasound on the baby's head after it's born to check the levels and see whether they've continued to rise - so not out of the woods yet, and an anxious couple of weeks ahead!

 

Fucking awful this is. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I was going to put try not to worry but obviously you will be cacking yourself until everything's confirmed as OK. It's only natural. All the best though.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Thanks guys.  It's lousy.  I can't remember how much I said about the last pregnancy, but we had a high risk screening early on so the pregnancy got off to a horrifc start, had to have a shit load of tests which all came back clear and now, we have a perfectly healthy 18mth old monster running around the place!

 

This time round, the results were low risk, so we've had our feet up enjoying the whole thing, and now going through all of the same uncertainty at the end of it. 

 

As i say, results are positive so far, but dosent feel as though we can celebrate just yet, but with under two weeks until the due date, at least it's not going to be long before we know the score.

Posted

Bless you, that sounds scary. But I'm sure positive thoughts help so much with this. Without going into details, we had an anxious wait with our eldest and its a mixture of genuine excitement and trepidation, but we found ourselves feeling sad for the other one of us which was normal, but everything was ok in the end. Good luck dude!!!

  • Paid Members
Posted

The last few weeks are worrying enough without this added pressure. All I can say is that they can do amazing things in hospitals now, and that I am sure the baby is in the best hands possible. Best wishes to your lady and yourself.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

They say childbirth is a magical experience but after this weekend, I say it's a fucking awful ordeal! Mrs Matrix and I have been through it all over the past couple of months, and the birth itself was no exception, however I'm delighted to report that it was entirely worth it!

 

I have another son, Joshua who was (eventually) born after going two weeks overdue. Now given my wife and I aren't the biggest of folk, we were gobsmacked when they popped him on the scales to reveal he was weighing in at....wait for it....a staggering 10lbs 9oz!

 

Future heavyweight champ in the making I reckon. I don't put photos of my kids on the Internet, but if you imagine Zydrunas Savickas in a nappy, you won't be far off the mark.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...