Paid Members FLips Posted July 13, 2016 Paid Members Posted July 13, 2016 Congratulations mate and best of luck!
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted July 13, 2016 Paid Members Posted July 13, 2016 Congratulations Hallicks. Because ours is getting a bit big, he's probably going to be induced a bit early, so we're off to see the consultant today to arrange a date.
MungoChutney Posted July 13, 2016 Posted July 13, 2016 Dad's of the UKFF, bit of advice please, my mate's mrs is due to give birth around september to a boy, what sorta thing (within a cheap budget) is good for me to buy him for the baby? thanks Baby football outfit for the team the dad supports. If he's not in to football or you want to get something practical then get a gift set that has all the essentials such as nappies and wipes etc.
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 13, 2016 Moderators Posted July 13, 2016 (edited) Here's a good and cheap one - you get these black and white shapes books that are specifically for early development as babies can't see colour when they're first born. So it's thoughtful, a bit obscure so likely no one else will have got it so less chance of duplicated gift, and it is something that is usable immediately that isn't clothes (because everyone else will get clothes probably). Edited July 13, 2016 by Chest Rockwell
kidkris Posted July 14, 2016 Posted July 14, 2016 i appologise for my thread above i haven't seen this thread before. We have just had a little boy ollie james fogg He weighed in at 7 pound 4 oz. He is fucking amazing but this is by far the most stressful period of my entire life......it feels like i haven't slept in a month and im loosing track of days but adrenaline kicks in day by day
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted July 14, 2016 Paid Members Posted July 14, 2016 Simultaneously the best and worst times of your life, the littl'uns. Before you know it, they'll be walking, talking and off to school. Congrats though!
Paid Members SpursRiot2012 Posted July 14, 2016 Paid Members Posted July 14, 2016 I don't have a child but probably will in the next couple of years, making the assumption that my little guys still work after all the abuse I've put myself through down the years. My question relates to being a stay at home dad. Having discussed it with my partner, she's quite happy to go out and be the breadwinner while I stay at home with the kid. Now, am I wrong in thinking that being the stay at home one is vastly superior to being the one who has to go to work every day for 10 hours? I feel like my job will be easier. Probably I'm wrong.
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted July 14, 2016 Paid Members Posted July 14, 2016 Now, am I wrong in thinking that being the stay at home one is vastly superior to being the one who has to go to work every day for 10 hours? I feel like my job will be easier. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Paid Members FLips Posted July 14, 2016 Paid Members Posted July 14, 2016 My other half is a podiatrist in training, which I imagine pays more than PPI complaint handler so i'm supporting her through her degree now in the hopes when she pops one out she'll let me stay home for the rest of my days. Dream big guys.
Paid Members SpursRiot2012 Posted July 14, 2016 Paid Members Posted July 14, 2016 Now, am I wrong in thinking that being the stay at home one is vastly superior to being the one who has to go to work every day for 10 hours? I feel like my job will be easier.HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA You're saying I can't just strap it to myself and play Xbox?
Paid Members hallicks Posted July 14, 2016 Paid Members Posted July 14, 2016 HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA It's true.
Keith Houchen Posted July 14, 2016 Posted July 14, 2016 Congrats to all the new, and upcoming arrivals for you all!
Paid Members SpursRiot2012 Posted July 14, 2016 Paid Members Posted July 14, 2016 HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAIt's true. That's what parents say, for sure. But I've always felt they're exaggerating. "Just wait until you're a parent, then you'll understand." I can see it being difficult before they reach school age but then you are rid of them for a large portion of the day.
Recommended Posts