~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

Kookoocachu

• Awards Moderator

Only just read NEWM's latest update and can only say, like everyone, how much his attitude underlines what a fantastic father and husband he is. Adapting to the news could be a make or break in some families but it's evident that NEWM and Mrs. NEWM are going to love and look after that little boy no differently, exactly how it should be. Congratulations once again and enjoy your new family, bud.

• 4 weeks later...

Firstly, cheers for all the nice comments. I alluded to this in one of the other posts, but it provided some surprisingly amazing relief to be able to just let out all the news somewhere, and to do so where yous were all so incredibly supportive was a serious, serious help. So thanks again, you're all top banana.

My other reason to pop in here was to happily report that today is a month since Charlie (seems easier than typing Baby NEWM each time!) was born and he is completely free of any of the complications he was born with. We got home just over a week ago, and it's just been the best experience. I suppose it sounds obvious saying how much nicer it is than just being with him in hospital, but I can't overstate how brilliant it has been for us to settle in to normal parenthood. He's so far been a pretty chilled out baby, with no major concerns for us since he was discharged, and the health visitor was pleased with everything when she came out for the first appointment. And whilst I wouldn't say we've exactly confronted the Downs Syndrome head on, it becomes a little bit easier to deal with every day. Though it gives you some pretty low moments if you let it, being with him is just too fantastic to make you worry about stuff, and we'll just tackle any unexpected things as they come. I'm totally biased, natch, but I think he's fucking class. Here he is having a kip and possibly a shit. He's no bother.

1zejqrm.jpg

(Apologies if that's the biggest picture of all time and it totally breaks your computer).

• Paid Members

Never understood how they do that shitting in their sleep thing. And you have to leave it until they wake up as well, lumbered with the pong.

Great to hear all the complications cleared up, I'm really chuffed for you and Mrs NEWM and I'm glad that you eventually got home as well!

• Paid Members

Yeah, when you see a photo like that one of Charlie you can better understand how folk like the Family NEWM have an instinct of "this is not a problem, but his life" instead of getting overwhelmed with the news. He's a baby, plain and simple, and a sweet little one at that, and though he'll need some extra support in life, he's clearly not going to be lacking any love.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

My girlfriend told me tonight that she's pregnant!

Apparently she's known since yesterday but wanted to do a second test to be certain before telling me. I knew she was acting different. We've told both our families but we're keeping it low-key and not telling everyone else until we've been to the doctor's and stuff. But I'm already finding it difficult not to tell everyone, so here I am.

I really should be in bed now. I've got to be up for work at 6, but there's no way I'll get to sleep now. My girlfriend's conked out asleep leaving me sat here with it all sinking in. In truth I'm as nervous as I am excited.

• Paid Members
Might have to make the wedding a shotgun one though :p

A wandshotgun wedding.

But yeah - congratulations, man. In nine months time, you'll be posting pictures of little Wanderlei on here.

• Paid Members

Thanks gents.

Might have to make the wedding a shotgun one though :p

We're meant to be getting wed in Summer next year so it's a bit of a way off still. But my girlfriend's already worrying about still being fat for the wedding.

This time about 8 weeks ago I was bricking it about proposing. I didn't for one second consider we'd have an extra little guest in attendance on the knot tying day.

Managed to get about two hours sleep in. I'll be totally fucked at work today.