General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members
On 4/5/2023 at 7:54 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Come onnnnnnn

I'm well on for this. Frankly, it's long overdue. Might re-match the first this evening again in anticipation. 

On 4/8/2023 at 6:55 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Fucking hell!

There are some signs the box office is starting to climb back to pre-pandemic levels. These numbers are mental. 

We saw it yesterday, the boy loved it, I thought it was good. Not surprised to see it get slated on reviews though by adults who seemingly expect kids movies to had the drama and twists of a Quentin Tarantino film. 

1 hour ago, LEGIT said:

We saw it yesterday, the boy loved it, I thought it was good. Not surprised to see it get slated on reviews though by adults who seemingly expect kids movies to had the drama and twists of a Quentin Tarantino film. 

Yeah I did read some stuff after it and wondered what some people were expecting. I want a movie like that to make me feel like a kid again. I want to sit there with a smile on my face and just enjoy it. Not everything needs to have depth and drama, especially for a first outing. If they do a sequel then they can make it a bit deeper if they want to. But this felt like it hit all the right notes for me. Just a fun cinema trip. Reminded me of going with my parents when I was younger.

• Paid Members

As far as free streaming services go, ITV X has a tidy selection of films. They've got a nice varied collection on there, including the majority of Fast & Furious films and a shedload of Carry Ons. Plus a show with Jonathan Ross giving his picks of the month - I always enjoy those kind of things just because it gives me Moviedrome flashbacks,

In my experience so far there's been a few short ads at the start but the movie plays through without interruptions.

https://www.itv.com/watch/collections/films/6D2ZDICRbTr3UnRebcr0D8

On 4/9/2023 at 1:48 PM, WeeAl said:

I'm well on for this. Frankly, it's long overdue. Might re-match the first this evening again in anticipation. 

Crowe mentioned the sequel idea a few years back in an interview with Ali Plumb. They all want to do it. The first one didn't do great so the idea was dropped, but its a film that's really grown over the years and I'm really hopeful it happens

So the new Evil Dead is reviewing really well after it's premiere, I completely passed on the 2013 reboot but this new one has the lovely Lily Sullivan in it. It wasn't even remotely on my radar till just now and looks like it can be watched standalone.