General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/tcm-movies-closed-777880

A crying shame that. It's been my favourite TV channel to watch for many, many years. There's never a day goes by that there wouldn't be at least a couple of different movies on it that I'd want to watch. Another casualty of the WBD cost-cutting measures. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 7/14/2023 at 4:04 PM, wordsfromlee said:

This is one of the worst cases of photoshopping on a movie poster I've ever seen

There was a second one? Was it called My Bigger, Fatter Greek Wedding? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone remember The Blind Side, that heartwarming movie about Sandra Bullock adopting a gifted unit of a man who eventually signed an NFL contract around the time the film released?

Well, in real life, they Britneyed him and claimed all the royalties from that film, and he didn't know about it until retirement.

Edited by seph

Greatest Days (2023)

Does for Take That, what Mamma Mia did for Abba.

Its a film based around the music of Take That, so if you’re not a fan, you’re unlikely to like it.

But it’s a light hearted, warm, fun, colourful film that doesn’t take itself too seriously, doesn’t outstay it’s welcome, and re-does the Take That bangers well.

7.5/10

• Paid Members

54 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Greatest Days (2023)

Does for Take That, what Mamma Mia did for Abba.

Its a film based around the music of Take That, so if you’re not a fan, you’re unlikely to like it.

But it’s a light hearted, warm, fun, colourful film that doesn’t take itself too seriously, doesn’t outstay it’s welcome, and re-does the Take That bangers well.

7.5/10

Aisling Bea seems like a lovely person, but with Greatest Day and that Home Alone reboot, she needs a better agent. I’m indifferent to Take That, but the trailer looked brutally unfunny. Glad you liked it.

I can see what you mean, j hadn’t seen the trailer, so perhaps if I had, I might not have given it a chance.

It did at points seem like it was trying to be funny, and at times it wasn’t, there weren’t any real laugh out loud moments, but for the warmth, the music, and the story it told, was an enjoyable 85mins