General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

On 11/8/2023 at 6:31 PM, Dead Mike said:

Didn't even know there was another one on the horizon. Well up for this!

Me too.  I unashamedly loved Afterlife.  I loved the style of it, I liked the story and where they decided to take the franchise, I thought making the kids the stars worked brilliantly and it was well cast.  It melded Ghostbuster with Stranger Things and The Goonies really nicely.

I will also admit to shedding a tear in the final scenes, if ever there was a good reason to 

Spoiler

bring back a character from the dead with CGI

it was this.  The whole thing took me right back to my childhood in a way nothing has done since the opening few scenes of The Force Awakens.

So glad to see they're making a sequel, and I think taking it back to Manhattan is a good call, as the city was always a big part of the character of the original movies.

Edit: cheers Keef.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

was the follow up series any good?

I liked it a lot but I was already ecstatic just at the fact that it was being made so I was an easy sell.

Macgruber is a bit more tragic in it, it's not quite as wildly joyous as the film but it still has the same vibe and  good production values.  The first scene with Kirsten Wiig in it is actually possibly my favourite "bit" in anything in the last few years, it's amazing.

Edited by Bellenda Carlisle

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
54 minutes ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

I've no idea! From looking around the only word on a UK release at all is that it's coming to Sky Cinema on the 23rd. Would be criminal not to release it on the big screen.

Oh, at least i can watch it at Christmas. Pirated of course, i don't know anyone that has sky who isn't a rich 65 year old.

Me and my brother are both dirty Zack Snyder enjoyers so Rebel Moon will be the priority Christmas day entertainment.

21 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

That's weird. Netflix ident didn't appear on my screening, just Sky. Must be a joint venture thing.

I like to look at what's coming up and it currently says its that. 

Probably the only decent looking thing coming to that service that month. What a load of shit. No I'll never cancel.