General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, TibBo said:

Trailer for Ferrari made it look incredibly dull

Another one I saw at London Film Festival and it’s one of the worst films I’ve seen all year. Surprisingly the racing bits are some of the best things in it, but I have no interest in racing.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Letterboxd has released its year in review, a really good list if you're looking for some recommendations from all manner of genres. Tons of Barbie mentions, as expected, but the genre and geographical sections have lots of interesting sounding titles.

https://letterboxd.com/2023/

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

So she just played herself in Infinity Pool?

Spoiler

Did she wank this guy off before she booted him though.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Might be of interest to some - Pixar's Turning Red is getting a cinema run over half-term, starting from the 9th. Quite a wide one, too. Really good film.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
35 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I love Freddy Got Fingered. It's the most intentionally audience hostile film I can think of.

We never have seen Tom Green and Michael Haneke in the same room.

• Paid Members

I really liked their description for it:

Every year, the Golden Raspberry Awards (a.k.a. the Razzies) honor the “worst” in contemporary cinema. Yet in doing so, they have often inadvertently shed light on films so out-there, so uncompromising, so beyond the bounds of accepted “good” taste that they demand attention. While some infamous Razzie winners like Xanadu, Barb Wire, and Gigli live on as classics of camp and cult, others, like Michael Cimino’s Heaven’s Gate, Elaine May’s Ishtar, and Paul Verhoeven’s Showgirls have been reclaimed as fearlessly ambitious expressions of personal vision. In a topsy-turvy way, this program pays tribute to those divisive films that continue to fascinate and provoke debate, while calling into question the very line that separates high and low culture.