General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

New Netflix Arnie film trailer.

In his words, "I’ve told you about my show, FUBAR, coming on Netflix, but I’ve had to be a little secretive. Everywhere I go, people ask me when I’m going to do another big action comedy like True Lies. When Nick Santora sent me the script for FUBAR, I knew this is exactly what my fans have been asking for, and I’m so pumped to FINALLY share more with you."

It's going to be typical Netflix algorithm dross, isn't it? Aimed at everybody and pleasing nobody.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Well done to Everything Everywhere All At Once, what a great result for everyone involved last night! So pleased that Michelle Yeoh won best actress

I heard Nick Ferrari talking to a film critic about it earlier, poor Nick’s massive head was spinning “A woman working in a laundrette? In different time zones? Not for me”

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, waters44 said:

Well done to Everything Everywhere All At Once, what a great result for everyone involved last night! So pleased that Michelle Yeoh won best actress

I heard Nick Ferrari talking to a film critic about it earlier, poor Nick’s massive head was spinning “A woman working in a laundrette? In different time zones? Not for me”

Ke Huy Qwan’s speech was fantastic and well deserved. It deserved everything it won except supporting actress which I felt went as a recognition over performance for Jamie Lee Curtis. Brendon Fraser’s win after him being blackballed from the industry was great. I fear people watching it now may think it’s overrated but I’m glad it got all the recognition it deserved. 

Banshees I thought was overrated and the only person truly deserving of recognition for that was Barry Keoghn who deserved a win any other year, and also Kerry Condon who was great, but less impressive then JLC and Angela Bassett in their nominated roles. Tough year this was for the Oscar’s but I’m glad that EEAAO got recognised. Though I’m shocked the Woman King got ignored.

8 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The Oscars are shit.

Then. Now. Forever. 

Kind of glad Banshees got fuck all though, all the clamour from the micks I know desperately wanting it to win loads and knowing they’re crushed over a shitty awards ceremony is great to drink in. It’s like when the Oirish one got voted off of X Factor or something, all heartbroken. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Lovely stuff.

They released a load of cast posters for Barbie today. Some great names I wasn’t aware were in the film. For a straight, about to be 40 year old whose never played with a Barbie, I’m looking forward to this a lot more then other films coming out this summer.

https://variety.com/gallery/barbie-movie-posters/