General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I was tempted to put this in the "Things you know will be shit" thread but I'm holding on to a slither of hope..

Apparently the directors previous films were not too shabby.

Of Bruckner’s previous work I’ve only seen The Ritual which wasn’t bad but wasn’t particularly great either, there’s a whole bunch of films that are similar to it and it just kind of got lost in the shuffle.

I watched OG Hellraiser last week as I haven’t seen it in donkey’s years, and aside from Sean Chapman’s voice being completely dubbed over I still enjoyed it. Never see any of the sequels though

• Paid Members

New Cloverfield in the works

Just be a sequel to the og! I know a lot of people got their big monster fix from the recent Godzilla films but I was bored out of my skull watching him fight butterflies and whatever. Even Kong couldn't carry him and his boring lore to a good film.

No spin-offs, no science, no physics, just a big good monster Kimboing shit, please!

• Paid Members

Is anyone going to the London Film Festival? I'm going to some as press and managed to get quite a few Galas screenings (Matilda the Musical, Glass Onion, The Whale, Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio, Eternal Daughter and Living), quite looking forward to it. Batista will be at the Glass Onion one, I plan to tell him about UKFF so he can talk about wrestl... film.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Weezenal said:

Is anyone going to the London Film Festival? I'm going to some as press and managed to get quite a few Galas screenings (Matilda the Musical, Glass Onion, The Whale, Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio, Eternal Daughter and Living), quite looking forward to it. Batista will be at the Glass Onion one, I plan to tell him about UKFF so he can talk about wrestl... film.

They’re showing quite a few of the films at cinemas across the country - the Tyneside in Newcastle, Filmhouse in Edinburgh etc. Big Dave won’t be showing up, nobody will be showing up, but we’ve got tickets for Matilda, Banshees of Inisherin and Glass Onion anyway.

• Paid Members

Community movie making its way to Peacock. Dan Harmon is an executive producer, cast announced  to return with Yvette Nicole Brown and Donal Glover very noticeably absent, though they were both tagged by Joel McHale in his announcement tweet (Who also tagged Gillian Anderson, not Jacobs) https://www.avclub.com/community-movie-update-in-works-dan-harmon-1849601476/amp