General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Reminder that some studio lost its mind a few years ago and let Eli Roth make a kids' film (The House with a Clock in its Walls) - and it was really good.

I'm a firm believer it's his best film. The restrictions of a kids movie reigned him in perfectly.

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Matthew said:

Think this looks really good, and the voice cast behind it is really strong too.

Donkey Kong being played by Seth Rogen is a great casting decision.

Chris Pratt as Chris Pratt. The trailer looks really promising until the laziest voice work in quite sometime comes out of Mario’s gob.

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

He hardly says anything in the trailer.

Did they not show much of Mario as they know that the voice will likely be what gains criticism from certain people? I  didn’t think it sounded good but hopefully it sounds better when in full flow. 

Bowser sounded pretty good and the animation looks right for Mario. 

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

He hardly says anything in the trailer.

And yet this short clip already sounds better then what Pratt did. In interviews after backlash to his announcement last year he said he worked really hard on the voice and people will be surprised. But then we get that. My wife recognised his voice, didn’t recognise Jack Black or Keegan Michael Key. Hopefully they sonic it up for the films release.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Cannot believe I'm defending Chris fucking Pratt, but what did people expect? "Oooohhhhhh, de gabagool mamma mia pizza da pie I makea da spaghetti de gabagool" 

That would've gone down REALLY well wouldn't it? 

Film seems fun, some excellent casting. 

and Chris Pratt. The guy has shown himself to be a one role actor, though maybe I also hate the fact he left his disabled child, supports a transphobic and homophobic church and is a trump supporter. Basically, he's a garbage human and he has the acting range of Tommy Wiseu.

However, I agree it shouldn't have been played with a comedic Italian accent. He could have put some effort in. Jack Black and KMK have in that trailer. Sonic doesn't sound like Jean-Ralphio, and that is because Ben Schwartz tries to act how he thinks the character sounds. And that is what is lacking here. Anyway, it's cloudy so I am going to pop outside and do some shouting.

6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

and Chris Pratt. The guy has shown himself to be a one role actor, though maybe I also hate the fact he left his disabled child, supports a transphobic and homophobic church and is a trump supporter. Basically, he's a garbage human and he has the acting range of Tommy Wiseu.

However, I agree it shouldn't have been played with a comedic Italian accent. He could have put some effort in. Jack Black and KMK have in that trailer. Sonic doesn't sound like Jean-Ralphio, and that is because Ben Schwartz tries to act how he thinks the character sounds. And that is what is lacking here. Anyway, it's cloudy so I am going to pop outside and do some shouting.

He got divorced mate, unless he Dwight Yorke’d that shit you should just stick to one of the many many things people can fairly pull him on.

That “Mushroom Kingdom, here we come” line sounded like the guy who plays Linda in Bob’s Burgers, which would’ve been infinitely more enjoyable and at least he’s from fucking Brooklyn. Him or Danny DeVito. I don’t care if DeVitos nearly 80, he’d have still been a better choice than Pratt

Edited by WyattSheepMask