*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

I always thought that Hogan/Gonzalez photo was fake. Hogan looks somewhat pasted on. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Also while we're on that time period, I was watching a match from late 92 Superstars a few weeks ago, can't remember what match. During some controversy Vince says on commentary, "I hope Sgt Slaughter will sort this out" or words to that effect. Was Slaughter an authority figure during that period? Cause I can't recall that at all. 

Edited by LEGIT

14 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

I'm convinced that Syuri like others before her will sign with the promotion full time eventually. She looked great in tournament.

Syuri's been freelancing for years. I'm not sure what her current status is with UFC. She's been at or around Kana's level for quite some time. She's a former kickboxing & MMA champion [with PANCRASE], with multiple Titles to her name. Nice looking girl as well, but she will still kick you in the face. She could probably destroy the entire STARDOM roster on her own. Surprised WWE haven't already signed her.

Edited by KingofSports

10 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Were they really thinking about Hogan vs Gonzalez at SummerSlam? Not doubting you just never heard that before. I’d obviously heard the Hogan vs Bret stuff for SummerSlam. Hogan vs Gonzalez would’ve been absolutely bloody rotten wouldn’t it? The Undertaker matches were bad enough. 

Hogan vs Gonzalez at that SummerSlam seems a very odd way to go, it’s pretty much the same dynamic as Lex Luger vs Yokozuna. All-American Hero vs Foreign Monster, but Hulk would’ve got a proper win and Lex would’ve had the count out.

• Paid Members

NWA Texoma Wrestling, featuring UKFF favourite Tim Storm, live from Joe Exotic's zoo. 

There's also a ton of videos on the same channel of their shows with Exotic on commentary.

• Paid Members

An old one but just stumbled across this again.

Backstage, non-kayfabe footage from WCW in the 80s;

It’s mostly Hawk and Dr Death coked off their tits but there’s also Arn Anderson mooning the camera, Nikita Koloff still using the Russian accent, Jim Cornette chatting bollocks, Dick Murdoch stumbling around and appearances from Sting, Lex Luger, Dusty Rhodes, Bobby Eaton etc. Barmy scenes. Imagine somehow seeing this when you were a kid?

Edited by wandshogun09

12 hours ago, ElCece said:

That's the most I've seen Hawk bump in a single outing.

That's great footage & if you listen to the Cornette Podcast, it is pretty amazing that it even exists with Kayfabe being so strongly upheld back then, as he so often tells you the lengths wrestlers went to, to avoid this kind of thing.

What is less amazing is the amount of premature deaths in wrestling. How did some of them even make it to middle age? Scary stuff :(