*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

14 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Yeah this is brilliant. I watched the whole thing and thought 'Its guys being allowed to say what they want. Its not perfect but its real, theres genuine emotion there....and look how cool it looked.. 

Agree, but it's just a different time and a different environment now. Stuff like this in the '90s was a perfect storm of everything that had come before it. That video even showed part of the reason you don't get this kind of stuff happen these days, there was no twitter back then for these guys to air their dirty laundry and expose themselves as twats.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

He'd had three years of being around Shawn Michaels and Scott Hall 24/7 and working almost constantly with those two, Bret and Taker. You can't buy an education like that and you can't teach it.

It doesn't exist anymore. The veterans on the WWE roster now didn't come up that way. They're not all just robots who do what they're told but they're certainly not coming up with their own ideas constantly and trying them out. That's all lost. 

It's not surprising the current guys pit so much into polishing in the ring, it's the only bit they have real control of.

the most telling part of Moxley's post-release interview with Jericho was all about micromanagement. Even if you had come up with the best in the business - you get noticed because you're creative and original on the independents, then they say "don't worry about your match, we've got producers who'll lay it out for you". You get noticed for being a great, emotional, believable promo, and they say "don't worry, we have writers to take care of that for you". It's a wonder anyone is able to stand out in that environment.

21 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I don't remember this as all, but Big Show nearly murders Rey here. Fucking hell. 

I remember Dave Scherer in the Lariat commenting that Show got into deep shit for this as it had left Rey badly shaken 

On 4/29/2020 at 9:31 PM, Otto Dem Wanz said:

This any of you guys? Serious collection here:

Sweet Jesus! That is insane.

I have a small wrestling shelf with pops, books, biographies, blu rays, dvds and a few retro wrestling figures but nothing like that and I definitely don't have any unopened copies.

• Paid Members

What's mad is that it's all WWE stuff. I have a few shelves of wrestling DVDs and books, and I think there's two WWE DVDs in the bunch - I got rid of most of them when moving house, as I figured the Network made them redundant.

But I can't imagine wanting to go out of my way to own that much wrestling shit and not broadening my horizons beyond that one company. Maybe it's more about having a collection than it is about wrestling.

But it's something I come across quite often, even among people trying to get into the business, that they *only* know WWE. I don't mean people who have seen other promotions and just prefer WWE's product, I mean people who are diehard WWE fans and don't even realise that other wrestling companies exist. I saw a guy on Twitter recently who had "aspiring WWE superstar" in his bio - all he did was post workout photos and videos while tagging the Performance Center, he'd never wrestled or trained anywhere else, he was just waiting for WWE to notice him. 

• Paid Members

Eddie G vs. Johnny Swinger from Pro in 1995. Eddie is as brilliantly silky as ever. The finish is delivered so beautifully. 

Wrestling really misses guys hitting the national scene who were already as brilliant and unique as this. You can't teach the experience and variety you need to get to this point.

There is an element of it in AEW with guys bringing their own experience and character but they are still very green and have no big time experience. 

Eddie's look though? Fucking hell. The muzzy has to go.

From earlier in the year, Earthquake vs. Duggan. This is right out of 1991 WWF. I know we go on about it all the time but Tenta, looking like a relic, is only THIRTY-ONE here! (Ricochet is 31 now.) 

It's a lesson in working smart though. Pretty sure Quake takes one bump. His elastic legs when Duggan is trying to knock him off his feet before the finish are amazing.

Beefcake and Sullivan running in doesn't help them look any less old and lame. 

I was ready to write off that Duggan Quake match but that reach toward the camera while he was in the bear hug and that Terminator 2 thumbs up were amazing. I know Duggan's a bit of a joke when it comes to anything athletic (some of those bumps were just embarrassing) but watching his selling, including knocking himself out with a headbutt, stomping around Ho'ing, and nearly conking out the ref swinging his flag like an idiot, he'd've been 4 year old me's favourite wrestler for 10 minutes.

Edited by CavemanLynn

Not Youtube but notable for 2 reasons for me:

Samoa Joe and Takeshi Morishima brawl.
One - just how crazy the crowd went for something so simple like a pull-apart.
Two - what in the fuck is Alex fucking Shane doing there?! Honestly, I was watching it and went 'Is that...? It is! What the fuck!?'

20 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Two - what in the fuck is Alex fucking Shane doing there?! Honestly, I was watching it and went 'Is that...? It is! What the fuck!?'

FWA and ROH had a working relationship at the time.