*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• 2 weeks later...

Hogan demonstrating just how insecure he was at WrestleMania 6 with Woya.

I get where he's coming from with his annoyance at Woya saying he'd already beaten him when he came into Dubiya Cee Dubiya in 98, that was daft from a money drawing perspective.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, IronSheik said:

I get where he's coming from with his annoyance at Woya saying he'd already beaten him when he came into Dubiya Cee Dubiya in 98, that was daft from a money drawing perspective.

It's horseshit anyway. Like that time he was aghast that WCW told the audience they'd had a match in the past. Firstly, everyone knows and secondly the entire premise of Warrior's run was Hogan wanting his job back. So it makes no odds. It didn't draw because they were knackered and every promo and dreadful angle killed the enthusiasm for it week on week. The only way to do it better is to have Warrior come in and that promo, have Hogan retort and challenge him and then just run videos for a few weeks to build it without either of them going anywhere near the other.

• Paid Members

surely Warrior having previously beaten Hogan was the entire point, even in kayfabe? Just like they'd done with Roddy Piper previously - Hogan is the unstoppable heel champion on top of the world, it doesn't look like anyone can topple him, but along comes a guy who has his number. That's the story.

On 6/9/2020 at 12:35 PM, BomberPat said:

surely Warrior having previously beaten Hogan was the entire point, even in kayfabe? Just like they'd done with Roddy Piper previously - Hogan is the unstoppable heel champion on top of the world, it doesn't look like anyone can topple him, but along comes a guy who has his number. That's the story.

Piper had never beaten Hogan though. It was all about Piper being 'as big of a star' as Hogan [headlining the first Mania, appearing in movies etc]. 

I've heard few bigger crocks of shit that Hogan talking about Warrior in WCW as if him mentioning Mania 6 in the debut promo killed interest. Did it balls. Oh, and his other classic, that Warrior's promo did bad in the ratings because it went so long, was bollocks as well. It did..."a 6.41 rating during his nearly 18-minute monologue with Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff in the ring, one of the five biggest head-to-head quarter hours in history totalling some 4,712,000 homes and more than doubling the Raw audience of a 3.07 rating in 2,266,000 homes for the Bart Gunn knockout of The Godfather in the Brawl-for-All and the Raw debut of Gangrel."

Warrior beating Hogan previously was the interest and he fucking knows it, the two-faced daughter-groping walrus-looking leathery racist old fuck. 

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

Big rematches are a definite draw. Especially between two heavyweight icons.

But I suppose from a psychology perspective two icons meeting for the first time is arguably the biggest draw. Hogan's thinking must have been that diehard fans who know they've previously met will be buying anyway, and not mentioning this will draw more of the neutral audience?

WCWs communication was clearly garbage.

I'm still shocked at the dillusion of Hogan thinking the whole audience at Mania 6 was looking at him going back to the curtain after the bell and his blatant insecurity that he needed to try and steal some of Warrior's moment. He did that to Savage literally every time Randy won the belt also. 

Edited by IronSheik

If people know who Warrior is, they know the Warrior beat Hulk Hogan. If they don't know that, they don't know Warrior. So what value is there in bringing him in if people don't know who he is? That cack match with Goldust in 96? It's horseshit.

His "thinking" is he wants to make a point (bury Warrior) and uses a stupid argument to do it that falls apart under six seconds of scrutiny, but because its him saying it, it will carry weight. Full of shit.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, IronSheik said:

But I suppose from a psychology perspective two icons meeting for the first time is arguably the biggest draw.

That would obviously be a bigger draw but it's just not true and no amount of pretending would make it so. If they'd met on a house show and Warrior had brought that up, everyone would be in agreement. But they didn't. They had one of the most well promoted matches ever. The amount of people who didn't know about that match is tiny. And even then, they'd have to promote it as "first time ever" which they clearly couldn't do. Just keep quiet wasn't going to do it.

Hogan's deflecting because it was a bust as a draw and a match and he wants to make sure the blame is elsewhere.

• Paid Members
On 6/10/2020 at 8:35 PM, Statto said:

Not sure this qualifies as "cool"...

I’ve always found Len Davies quite fascinating.  Seems to produce endless tv shows that never get to air, but still makes a living.