Sign in to follow this  
quote the raven

*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

(Limited?) audience allowed in too. Always happy to see Syuri.

I noticed All Japan's show at Korakuen had over 1,200 in attendance. Presumably they think they're over the worst of it.

On the June 1993 WWF video from "Wrestling with Paul", there's a match I didn't know existed. It's a re-run of the Mega-Maniacs vs. Money Inc with Slaughter as the referee from after KOTR 1993. I always thought Hogan did KOTR, the European Tour and was done but they ran this match a few times in between. This one is from the night after KOTR and was on the WWE Unreleased DVD.

The craziest sounding one is a Lumberjack match where apparently the faces were accompanied by Crush while Money Inc were accompanied by Giant Gonzalez!

https://youtu.be/vpLhFXEeV5Y?t=3644

36 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

On the June 1993 WWF video from "Wrestling with Paul", there's a match I didn't know existed. It's a re-run of the Mega-Maniacs vs. Money Inc with Slaughter as the referee from after KOTR 1993. I always thought Hogan did KOTR, the European Tour and was done but they ran this match a few times in between. This one is from the night after KOTR and was on the WWE Unreleased DVD.

The craziest sounding one is a Lumberjack match where apparently the faces were accompanied by Crush while Money Inc were accompanied by Giant Gonzalez!

I'm a sucker for this time period as it was May 1993 that we got Sky TV at home and could finally access weekly episodes without depending on tapes etc.

I think this is one of only three Mega Maniacs matches that have been released, other than (obviously) WM9, there's a pre-Wrestlemania match against the Beverly Brothers that was on some Coliseum Video.

The 1993 Hogan run is so strange, given his reduced mass and competing in arenas much smaller than those used during most of his tenure with the WWF (though they would get even smaller over the coming 2 years).

Edited by garynysmon

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Blow the megamaniacs. Bastion (Randy) Booger vs Virgil is where its at, especially for the artwork after

Edited by Sheffbag

18 hours ago, KingofSports said:

(Limited?) audience allowed in too. Always happy to see Syuri.

I noticed All Japan's show at Korakuen had over 1,200 in attendance. Presumably they think they're over the worst of it.

Strict testing as well I believe.

Anyway show was pretty good as far as the wrestling went (whole tournament is up on Stardomworld) but featured some obnoxiously protective booking which is par for the course with Stardom especially in the Cinderella tournament.

I'm convinced that Syuri like others before her will sign with the promotion full time eventually. She looked great in tournament.

Momo Watanabe Vs. Starlight Kid was probably my favourite match of the first round.

Giulia could be great in a few years if she sticks around.

3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Presumably that was while they were still angling for the Gonzalez/Hogan programme for Summerslam. I assume this photo was from it, or a similar match on the same loop;

Hulk-Hogan-vs.-Ginat-Gonzalez.jpg

Yeah must be, you can see the Smoking Gunns at ringside so must be the lumberjack match.

Were they really thinking about Hogan vs Gonzalez at SummerSlam? Not doubting you just never heard that before. I’d obviously heard the Hogan vs Bret stuff for SummerSlam. Hogan vs Gonzalez would’ve been absolutely bloody rotten wouldn’t it? The Undertaker matches were bad enough. 

I always thought that Hogan/Gonzalez photo was fake. Hogan looks somewhat pasted on. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Also while we're on that time period, I was watching a match from late 92 Superstars a few weeks ago, can't remember what match. During some controversy Vince says on commentary, "I hope Sgt Slaughter will sort this out" or words to that effect. Was Slaughter an authority figure during that period? Cause I can't recall that at all. 

Edited by LEGIT

6 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

The Great Sasuke documentary is absolutely fantastic but at points it's so much like That Peter Kay Thing

Please tell me this was him under the mask. 

14 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

I'm convinced that Syuri like others before her will sign with the promotion full time eventually. She looked great in tournament.

Syuri's been freelancing for years. I'm not sure what her current status is with UFC. She's been at or around Kana's level for quite some time. She's a former kickboxing & MMA champion [with PANCRASE], with multiple Titles to her name. Nice looking girl as well, but she will still kick you in the face. She could probably destroy the entire STARDOM roster on her own. Surprised WWE haven't already signed her.

Edited by KingofSports

10 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Were they really thinking about Hogan vs Gonzalez at SummerSlam? Not doubting you just never heard that before. I’d obviously heard the Hogan vs Bret stuff for SummerSlam. Hogan vs Gonzalez would’ve been absolutely bloody rotten wouldn’t it? The Undertaker matches were bad enough. 

Hogan vs Gonzalez at that SummerSlam seems a very odd way to go, it’s pretty much the same dynamic as Lex Luger vs Yokozuna. All-American Hero vs Foreign Monster, but Hulk would’ve got a proper win and Lex would’ve had the count out.