*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Paid Members

So we've all seen the time Regal tried to mention as many Smiths songs as possible in one match. But what about the time he and Dave Taylor had just watched Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels:

• Paid Members

On the June 1993 WWF video from "Wrestling with Paul", there's a match I didn't know existed. It's a re-run of the Mega-Maniacs vs. Money Inc with Slaughter as the referee from after KOTR 1993. I always thought Hogan did KOTR, the European Tour and was done but they ran this match a few times in between. This one is from the night after KOTR and was on the WWE Unreleased DVD.

The craziest sounding one is a Lumberjack match where apparently the faces were accompanied by Crush while Money Inc were accompanied by Giant Gonzalez!

https://youtu.be/vpLhFXEeV5Y?t=3644

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

On the June 1993 WWF video from "Wrestling with Paul", there's a match I didn't know existed. It's a re-run of the Mega-Maniacs vs. Money Inc with Slaughter as the referee from after KOTR 1993. I always thought Hogan did KOTR, the European Tour and was done but they ran this match a few times in between. This one is from the night after KOTR and was on the WWE Unreleased DVD.

The craziest sounding one is a Lumberjack match where apparently the faces were accompanied by Crush while Money Inc were accompanied by Giant Gonzalez!

I'm a sucker for this time period as it was May 1993 that we got Sky TV at home and could finally access weekly episodes without depending on tapes etc.

I think this is one of only three Mega Maniacs matches that have been released, other than (obviously) WM9, there's a pre-Wrestlemania match against the Beverly Brothers that was on some Coliseum Video.

The 1993 Hogan run is so strange, given his reduced mass and competing in arenas much smaller than those used during most of his tenure with the WWF (though they would get even smaller over the coming 2 years).

Edited by garynysmon

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Blow the megamaniacs. Bastion (Randy) Booger vs Virgil is where its at, especially for the artwork after

Edited by Sheffbag

18 hours ago, KingofSports said:

(Limited?) audience allowed in too. Always happy to see Syuri.

I noticed All Japan's show at Korakuen had over 1,200 in attendance. Presumably they think they're over the worst of it.

Strict testing as well I believe.

Anyway show was pretty good as far as the wrestling went (whole tournament is up on Stardomworld) but featured some obnoxiously protective booking which is par for the course with Stardom especially in the Cinderella tournament.

I'm convinced that Syuri like others before her will sign with the promotion full time eventually. She looked great in tournament.

Momo Watanabe Vs. Starlight Kid was probably my favourite match of the first round.

Giulia could be great in a few years if she sticks around.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Presumably that was while they were still angling for the Gonzalez/Hogan programme for Summerslam. I assume this photo was from it, or a similar match on the same loop;

Hulk-Hogan-vs.-Ginat-Gonzalez.jpg

• Paid Members

Yeah must be, you can see the Smoking Gunns at ringside so must be the lumberjack match.

Were they really thinking about Hogan vs Gonzalez at SummerSlam? Not doubting you just never heard that before. I’d obviously heard the Hogan vs Bret stuff for SummerSlam. Hogan vs Gonzalez would’ve been absolutely bloody rotten wouldn’t it? The Undertaker matches were bad enough.