*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Paid Members
On 2/17/2020 at 9:01 PM, JNLister said:

Started on Eurosport in 94 as World Superstars of Wrestling then became Ring Warriors (because they were worried about getting sued for being too similar to WWF Superstars or World Championship Wrestling). They had Solie, Humperdink and De George in a couple of combinations.

This was ringing a bell, so I did a bit of searching - Superstars was originally 'Superstars of Wrestling', but they lost a court case to an independent wrestling promoter who owned the term. So it was probably connected to that.

I can't find anything about it, but I could have sworn that WWF/E had a trademark on the term 'superstar' for a while - is this ringing a bell for anyone else? It's entirely possible I'm confusing it with DC and Marvel co-owning the trademark for 'superhero'.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, wordsfromlee said:

Bret Hart vs. Ric Flair WWF Championship 60-minute Iron Man match from 1993 

https://youtu.be/--6TbA4M2i0

Wow, what a find! Never knew that such a match even existed.

Although the cynic in me wonders if they booked an iron man match due to the late 1992/early 93 roster being depleted as fuck and it filled out more time in a house show?

Had this on an old hard drive which i found a few months ago so decided to upload it. Don't know the proper term for it as it's not a televised event but not a bog standard house show either, some where in the middle as it's got the usual TV production feel to it and full commentary.

Warrior is champ so based on that i'd loosely date it somewhere between mid-1990 to very early 1991.

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin
typo

• Paid Members
On 2/25/2020 at 5:54 PM, garynysmon said:

Spot the Bulldog's trusty bum bag.

Fucking hell, wouldn't even take it off for a photo in the national papers! Peak 1992!

Man, you can't just leave your crack lying around in a bum bag that's not attached to you. Davey Boy is no dozer.

Edited by WeeAl

On 2/17/2020 at 7:15 PM, KingofSports said:

"Jim Owens" (Owen Hart) was my favourite.

That would be a super, smashing, great gimmick if he taunted the loser with what they could have won, before dropping their BFH on their chest.