*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

They sorted that for next year though. 

Who's that covered in blood at 1:35? Looks like Heenan but I have no idea what it's from. Of course, it could be foodfight/jam stuff too.

It’s Heenan after he got his face shoved in a pie. It was from the Halloween themed SNME November 85. A Classic SNME.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

It’s Heenan after he got his face shoved in a pie. It was from the Halloween themed SNME November 85. A Classic SNME.

That makes SO much more sense. I was thinking it seemed so at odds with the kind of stuff they were doing at the time, so guessed it was probably food-related. It's a hell of a visual.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, garynysmon said:

Not a match I thought that would ever exist tbh.

I think it was on New Japan on Eurosport with Craig De George and Oliver Humperdink commentating. They knew nothing, made stuff up, and decided that because Nailz had "D.O.C" on his uniform and was announced with Japanese pronunciation as "Nail-sa", that his name must be Doc Nelson.

20 minutes ago, JNLister said:

I think it was on New Japan on Eurosport with Craig De George and Oliver Humperdink commentating. They knew nothing, made stuff up, and decided that because Nailz had "D.O.C" on his uniform and was announced with Japanese pronunciation as "Nail-sa", that his name must be Doc Nelson.

I used to love their commentary.
I remember Hump saying about Earthquake, who had 'Quake' on the front of his tights - 'What's that say, Shake n Bake?'.

I know they couldn't use their WWF names but, seriously...

1 hour ago, JNLister said:

Not sure (without checking the footage), but I think it may have been part of the 1994 G-1. I don't know how many years the Eurosport footage covered. I'd always thought it was essentially '91 - '93, but Gigante & Nailz did have a 3-minute match in August '94. "Jim Owens" (Owen Hart) was my favourite. Couldn't have made him sound more like a plumber, if they'd tried.

• Paid Members

Not sure if this is a false childhood memory, but I could have sworn that Gordon Solie commentated on at least some of these shows? My main memory of these Eurosport bouts is Road Warrior Hawk teaming up with a Japanese wrestler and they were known as the Hellraisers. I hated him and couldn't understand why Animal had left.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Started on Eurosport in 94 as World Superstars of Wrestling then became Ring Warriors (because they were worried about getting sued for being too similar to WWF Superstars or World Championship Wrestling). They had Solie, Humperdink and De George in a couple of combinations.