*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

17 hours ago, KingofSports said:

Was Bret on double duty that day? He had a match with Goldust, seemingly on the same card. It was also the show at which Cactus Jack debuted & Pillman (with Marlena) faced Owen.

Yes. A lot of times back then they would have a 'feature' main event that usually just went a couple of minutes. It was the 'selling point' for people to attend TV tapings [although they likely didnt know it would only last a minute or two].
So on a lot of these cards you would see Bret v Goldust as a TV match and then this kind of thing as the 'main event' for the fans in attendance. 

4 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

It was the 'selling point' for people to attend TV tapings [although they likely didnt know it would only last a minute or two].

To be a little more specific.

It was to encourage the audience to stay to the very end of a long TV taping. They would not short change the fans out of a quick Main Event on House Shows (although that did happen occasionally).

Wow! I have never seen any footage of Giant Haystacks in Japan.

It is common knowledge that he also worked Stampede & WCW, but he also work Australia or New Zealand (or both?) with the only evidence is a photo of him in the ring, having a staredown with Andre the Giant. Which i believe may have been part of a tag match.

With regards to Giant Haystacks being a "bad" wrestler, that is open to debate. For me, he played the part of a villainous giant rulebreaker to perfection. Could he bust out a Canadian Destroyer or a Moonsault?...No. But i loved the character that he played so well & he drew an awful lot of money & a shit tonne of real heat!

Hardly a surprise he did not go down well in All Japan! Not exactly a promotion that meshed well with his style of match, nor could he speak the language. Also judging by this brief clip, he was not protected like he was for so many years, over here in the UK.

i always look back with great fondness towards Giant Haystacks. He was loved by everyone behind the scenes & was not as selfish as Big Daddy.  Crabtree  was not popular with "the boys", nor were his brothers (Brian the MC being the least popular). Daddy was apparently one of these characters that were very good when the cameras were rolling, but not so good with people when his shift was over.

• Paid Members

This has no doubt been shared in here before, probably by him no less, but spotted this absolute gem earlier today, shared by Dann Read on Facebook.  

Theory seems to be the promoter just got a load of his mates from the gym involved, but the commentary is wonderful!  An Irwin R Schyster gimmick, 17 wins, 1 draw, Mr 17.5% had me lolling.

• Paid Members

This is pretty much completely unwatchable but I just saw this handheld footage of SummerSlam 92 on YouTube;

Saw the quality and was about to turn it off but then heard the Fink’s voice and stuck around for a bit. Skipping through bits of it now but thought it might be worth sticking in here for anyone who wants a watc...well, listen.

Christ, around 24:30...

Fink: introduces Pat Patterson to the crowd.

Some cockney bloke: Cor blimey. Fancy havin’ that queer boy here. He’s the one with all the allegations against him, the queer boy. 

Edited by wandshogun09