*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

Both parts of the awesome 10-man tag from Raw in February 2000.
I have posted this essentially because of the crowd reaction - seriously, any wrestling company would kill for a reaction like this nowadays. Infact, I dont think its possible to get a reaction like this nowadays.
Crowd is loud and into EVERYTHING in the match - they never let up once - just a genuine, hot crowd not bothered about work rate and loving everything that is being presented to them.
... and just when you think they can't get any rowdier Kane shows up looking like the baddest mother fucker on the planet! 
'Wrestling has never been better' my arse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYVJsnmehd4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i5NqkMGuM8

• Paid Members

I once did a wrestling psychology seminar in which we were shown that match, and basically broke it down into component parts to show when they hit all the right notes and everything. It's an expertly put together match, as close to perfect as they come. Especially if you consider the story of the "match" as stretching beyond the bell and including the Kane appearance.

• Paid Members

That must be the best televised match they've ever done. I know there are some corkers and a few come immediately to mind like the Bret/Austin street fight, Cena/HBK in London, Shawn & Marty on Raw, that HBK & Diesel vs. Razor & Kid tag match on Action Zone and loads of others but none of them can match this one for the sheer spectacle, the adreneline in the crowd, the constant action and just a feeling of disbelief that we were even seeing those ten guys in the same ring. The Kane return is the icing on the cake.

It's insane how fast people got over then too. I remember seeing Rikishi on Metal or something one morning in November or December. I've always liked fat wrestlers and he did a Driver style moves so he was an immediate hit for me but he was doing nothing. Too Cool were cold as ice then too. Two months later, they're absolutely killing it at the Rumble and a couple of weeks on look every bit a perfect fit in this match.

• Paid Members

What's so great about that tag match is the finish is botched yet no gives a flying fuck or even realised until much later one because everything else around it was  just so fucking good.

It's the same with the amazing Jericho/Benoit vs Power Trip tag from RAW in '01. The atmosphere and action is off the charts, yet you have HHH in there hobbling around after tearing his leg to shreds but it doesn't hinder anything at all due the magic surrounding it.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I know there are some corkers and a few come immediately to mind like the Bret/Austin street fight, Cena/HBK in London, Shawn & Marty on Raw, that HBK & Diesel vs. Razor & Kid tag match on Action Zone

I'd put that Bret vs 123 Kid match from Raw in '94 in that category too, sumptuous work from Bret, arguably at his peak. But totally agree it's a short list, and that 10-man tag has to be up there. 

13 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Both parts of the awesome 10-man tag from Raw in February 2000.
I have posted this essentially because of the crowd reaction - seriously, any wrestling company would kill for a reaction like this nowadays. Infact, I dont think its possible to get a reaction like this nowadays.
Crowd is loud and into EVERYTHING in the match - they never let up once - just a genuine, hot crowd not bothered about work rate and loving everything that is being presented to them.
... and just when you think they can't get any rowdier Kane shows up looking like the baddest mother fucker on the planet! 
'Wrestling has never been better' my arse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYVJsnmehd4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i5NqkMGuM8

Everyone is over like rover. The emotional connection from the crowd is fucking insane.

This was well into the internet era and a no doubt 90% smart crowd yet they're totally in the moment.

Cool shit.

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Not a fucking chance. 

Agreed. It was a crowd that was emotionally invested in what was going on and reacted accordingly - and not just reacting to a big move or a dive but going absolutely batshit crazy for the entire match. If you look at it objectively the wrestlers did nothing special because they didn't have to, the crowd was eating out of the palm of their hands for everything they did.

Noticeable was the lack of the cliched chants that have become the norm. No 'This is awesome'. No 'Fight forever'. Just a genuine 'losing yourself in the moment and enjoying what you are seeing' pro wrestling crowd.

God, I miss them.

https://youtu.be/6Qav_HLilPI

I put this on expecting a sprint between Bret and big Ron, but fucking hell, this is 8 minutes of madness. Entrances different from the usual choreography, run ins on commentary, run ins in-ring, and one of the best 'disappearing-into-the-crowd' shots I've seen. A genuine sense of bedlam without the need for a cameraman to feign spaghetti legs. Just 8 fucking minutes.

On 12/12/2019 at 9:33 AM, Snitsky's back acne said:

Agreed. It was a crowd that was emotionally invested in what was going on and reacted accordingly - and not just reacting to a big move or a dive but going absolutely batshit crazy for the entire match. If you look at it objectively the wrestlers did nothing special because they didn't have to, the crowd was eating out of the palm of their hands for everything they did.

Noticeable was the lack of the cliched chants that have become the norm. No 'This is awesome'. No 'Fight forever'. Just a genuine 'losing yourself in the moment and enjoying what you are seeing' pro wrestling crowd.

God, I miss them.

I just meant 90% knew the spectacle was predetermined. Not that they were joyless angry smart-marks living with their mum at 42 AEW workrate smarks. 

• 2 weeks later...