Sign in to follow this  
quote the raven

*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

Was this the first TV match between the future Sabu and RVD? Watch all this year at moment, some great stuff with the Texas/Tennesse fued

On 6/10/2020 at 8:35 PM, Statto said:

Not sure this qualifies as "cool"...

I would like to know why it’s really, really, really important to know where each of the four viewers were from.

@Statto I've repeated that about 10 times now, chucking away to myself...

1984/85 WWF fills me with so much joy, that growing pains period as they threw a lot of shit against the wall before finding that classic but slightly stoic formula they settled on.

But Brutus Beefcake's early gimmick was interesting to say the least...

Edited by garynysmon

15 minutes, available till 13th September:

"American pro wrestler Jan Ohrstrom is an Iraq War veteran. Through wrestling, he overcame PTSD, and regained his will to live. He now gives other veterans hope and courage through the sport."

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/ondemand/video/2058538/

(Stumbled across it while searching the site, unsuccessfully, for a longer wrestling documentary I caught the end of yesterday on the fabulous NHK World TV channel.)

Working from home means I spend way too much time watching B or C show shite like this.  Love it. Watching Challenge, Metal or All American Wrestling on a weekend daytime is as nostalgic as anything that happened on Raw etc.

Edited by garynysmon

Good quality recording of WCW Saturday Night from '92. I'd probably started watching a year or so earlier. Steamboat, Cactus, Rude, Austin, Steiners, Barbarian, Eaton, Heyman etc.

Edited by KingofSports

Timothy Thatcher doing a William Regal imitation (but sounding more like Adam Rose) and being nicknamed "the Terror of the Thames" despite being billed from Cardiff, Wales is... interesting.