Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Was gonna stick Night 2 on during work today but to make it last the full shift I started with Night 1. Netflix has now removed all the adverts and awful Netflix multi-language “Be right back” loading screens and regardless of match quality it’s sitting around 2h45m for Night 1. It has been perfectly watchable so far, even if it’s not amazing quality-wise. 

Posted
1 hour ago, boshealecta said:

Felt exactly the same. I realised I’m turning into an old man (things were better in my day). Ultimate Warrior or Goldberg wouldn’t have looked shocked, they would have known they were gonna win all along. 
 

I felt the same about the after match antics too. If they were gonna do Brock deciding to hang up his boots because he lost so decisively (if this even is his actual retirement) then where was the theatrics.  Paul Heyman comes in and they embrace and cry. Why was there no Bobby Heenan/Andre the Giant WM6 interaction? Heyman tells Lesnar he’s not retiring, he decides that. He sees his gravy train going. Lesnar knocks him out and leave him laying. 
 

Everything seems so overly emotional and too based in reality. I’m a gay man myself so don’t have anytime for this manosphere, toxic masculinity culture (as most people don’t) but in this instance, I want some toxic masculinity in wrestling with cocky, jacked up men destroying each other, showing no emotion and leaving. 

JMO - but they should've saved a little something for RAW (unless they have - we'll see later) and had Brock and Heyman do their whole thing tonight. You could've had Lesnar walking off, head down with Heyman not knowing what was going on and chasing after him. Personally it just reminded me of a little kid who's a bit tired and has sat down and taken his shoes off. 

It may just be me, but I was just not that invested in the tears of a bloke who quite possibly has done some very nasty things.  

Posted
46 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I've fuck all interest in this nonsense and their abysmal build, while hilarious, did nothing to change that. I half-considered watching Night 1 after being motivated by David's trip of a lifetime but then I saw sense. 

I listened to some reviews and it sounded like garbage other than the Night 2 main. Pleased for those lads that they had a belter. Good job the did.

I've only seen the Danhausen in-ring segment and it's the worst thing I've watched in wrestling in a long, long time. Danhausen is a loveable little guy but they'll absolutely kill him with this fucking toss. It makes Hornswoggle skits look like Oscar nominees. The Miz is my least favourite pro-wrestler of all-time. Seeing his hideous pouting face, wooden delivery and primary school playground selling just confirmed it. That Kit Wilson cunt looking like a wannabe Miz makes him a good candidate for my second least favourite pro-wrestler of all-time.

John Cena being reduced to this? John Cena. People think he's on the Wrestling Mount Rushmore. Stupid people but still. The last 8 years of his career have been fucking abysmal. Where's your self-respect, John? You fucking robot.

The Miz is the walking embodiment of the decline of the pro wrestling from its peak mainstream popularity to today. May as well be call The Mid,.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, FUM said:

I don’t think this is as big a reach as the post suggests.

It’s only through our own nostalgia goggles that we don’t allow things that are recent to be the best. In terms of body of work, The Usos are most certainly up there as a contender for greatest tag team of all time.

Subjective ringwork aside, it's a fair stratech in kayfabe. Demolition just got in the Hall of Fame for a three year run where the only time they weren't even main eventing third-string house shows most of the time. The Usos have been on the main roster for 16 years, have been tag team champion level for 13 years, and have headlined pay-per-views including a (admittedly Saturday) WrestleMania. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
11 minutes ago, Roy said:

The Miz is the walking embodiment of the decline of the pro wrestling from its peak mainstream popularity to today. May as well be call The Mid,.

I think the living proof that people's standards are so bad these days is that there are people who will try and tell you that The Miz is good! And they'll say it with a straight face!

Utter madness.

Posted
8 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I think the living proof that people's standards are so bad these days is that there are people who will try and tell you that The Miz is good! And they'll say it with a straight face!

Utter madness.

Being good is subjective right, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think he's a good worker - the guy has had a LONG career in WWE (outlasting a lot more talented workers), been a multi time world champion and has headlined Wrestlemania all while staying relatively injury free, meeting his wife there and having a LOT of crossover opportunities too.  

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mowgli said:

Being good is subjective right, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think he's a good worker - the guy has had a LONG career in WWE (outlasting a lot more talented workers), been a multi time world champion and has headlined Wrestlemania all while staying relatively injury free, meeting his wife there and having a LOT of crossover opportunities too.  

None of that means he's good. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I like the idea that convincing Maryse to marry him is evidence of him being a good worker. Quite the back handed compliment. 
 

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 2/21/2026 at 4:16 AM, Lorne Malvo said:

Funniest outcome would be TKO shitting it at the disappointing ticket sales and throwing a truckful of money at The Rock to turn up and ruin Triple Hs Mania plans yet again.

Turns out this wasn't far off, if you replace The Rock with Pat McAfee.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I’ve only watched night 1 (and that was when rather drunk after getting home from the pub).

But I find the criticism of the length of matches quite amusing. One of the most Wrestlemania things ever is to have a string of pretty short matches in a bid to get as many wrestlers as possible on the card.

It was certainly the norm for the first decade of Mania.

There’s little to like about current WWE for me, but swift-ish matches were one of the most endearing features!

 

Edited by garynysmon
Posted

I've read through all the thoughts and opinions and whatever else and you know what? They don't matter.

The only thing that matters is that I got to watch a bunch of drunk middle aged men dance to Demolition's theme in a casino in Vegas at 1am.

I can't confirm if they were allowed to drink anything other than Wheatley American Vodka but what a beautiful, confusing and weird sight. Especially to those who weren't even there for the wrestling.

Here comes the Slim Jim!

Here comes the Door Dash!

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Turns out this wasn't far off, if you replace The Rock with Pat McAfee.

Funny to now look back at the whole thing as The Rock being too busy shooting Jumanji, so TKO used Pat as their version of All Star Wrestling’s tribute to The Rock.

CEC8F4EB-0FBB-4EDA-904D-E00A2EB79F06.thumb.jpeg.21bd133c66002dce5c6a5908adb97427.jpeg

The McAfee Eyebrow!

Brock Lesnar is still advertised for Raw. I’ll be shocked if Paul Heyman doesn’t turn on Brock and reveal Gunther as the newest Paul Heyman guy, leading to Brock eventually returning for one final match at Summerslam.

Heyman will always Heyman. The slimey little prick gets to hitch his wagon to another top talent, coasting for another three to five years doing the same promo and overdosing on his own farts.

Edited by Supremo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...