Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted April 21 Paid Members Posted April 21 With Danhausen, they are absolutely kicking the arse out of the joke, as they do with anything that gets even the slightest laugh. Fair play to the lad though, with all the merch they are shifting right now, his dollar-per-bump payout must be rivaling Andre the Giant's. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted April 21 Paid Members Posted April 21 1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said: He's been interacting with Miz for weeks and it's been working well for him. Granted the little people stuff always feels very out of touch. But he got a segment with Cena at Mania. I think he's doing just fine. Cena been in that segment didn't lift anyone else up. It just dragged Cena down. Obviously, Big Match John is the leader of the grattitude era and will say yes to absolutely anything but his choices continue to be abysmal. A shame because with Danhausen's charisma and character work, there's a way to have Cena put him over that is fun without reducing it to some shit 1970s comedy. An aside but would it not have been worth just jobbing the Miz to Danhausen in a few minutes? Putting the wrestler in an actual, you know, wrestling match? Having The Miz sell some shit, lose and fuck off. The crowd would have eaten that up, Michael Cole wouldn't have orgasmed while saying "midgets" and the amount of wrestling on the show could have syrocketed to about 12%! Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted April 21 Paid Members Posted April 21 8 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Does Danhausen actually wrestle? Yes, but infrequently. He had a match with Kit Wilson on Smackdown a week or so ago. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 21 Members Posted April 21 12 minutes ago, mim731 said: Yes, but infrequently. He had a match with Kit Wilson on Smackdown a week or so ago. Is he any good? Any matches in AEW I should check out? I'll be honest I thought he was absolutely shit when he first appeared, but I've really warmed to him. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted April 21 Paid Members Posted April 21 24 minutes ago, SuperBacon said: Does Danhausen actually wrestle? Yeah, he's alright. 1 minute ago, SuperBacon said: Is he any good? Any matches in AEW I should check out? Nothing that memorable. They did a better job with the comedy stuff but he tired as an act - or TK just got fidgety - and then there was some sort of falling out. 16 minutes ago, mim731 said: Yes, but infrequently. He had a match with Kit Wilson on Smackdown a week or so ago. He was fine in this match, Undertaker superpowers and all. Wilson and The Miz as Scooby Doo villains are absolutely rubbish. Get them in the bin. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted April 21 Paid Members Posted April 21 (edited) Mentally I’m still here. I must have watched it about fifty times. What a presentation. What a match. On a weekend that otherwise felt absolutely soulless, filled with rushed matches and endless adverts, that last hour or so is everything I adore about this medium. Exactly why I’ll forever be addicted and obsessed. Fucking magic. Edited April 21 by Supremo Quote
DavidB6937 Posted April 21 Posted April 21 Oh I cried when Miseria came on. Fucking magical. Goosebumps. I never thought I'd see Punk live again in WWE, let alone an entrance like that and at Mania. Just beautiful. As someone who's been a fan since early ROH I couldn't have been happier. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted April 21 Posted April 21 (edited) Well I am safely say that I enjoyed Night 2 a lot more than Night 1. The fact I didn’t skip any matches probably gives it the win by default. Just about everything on Night 2 was at the very least decent. Obviously there was still a tonne of ads to skip through and I’ve already covered Oba/Brock. The Ladder match was the usual stunt fest that we’ve come to expect along with some questionable no selling and Rusev with some kayfabe shattering positioning so J’von Evans could hit that big Springboard Cutter. The Main Event though was really good though considering that Punks knackered and nearly 50, a solid 4 out of 5 stars. Had they been able to do the same match a few years earlier at a slightly quicker pace I’d probably say it was close to being 5 stars, but as it was it is probably the best match that WWE have put in for quite some time Edited April 21 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Paid Members Daaaaaad! Posted April 21 Paid Members Posted April 21 40 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Oh I cried when Miseria came on. Fucking magical. Goosebumps. I never thought I'd see Punk live again in WWE, let alone an entrance like that and at Mania. Just beautiful. As someone who's been a fan since early ROH I couldn't have been happier. Ah, come on man, I was just limbering up to get all cynical and grouchy again! Quote
HandsomeButchIII Posted April 21 Posted April 21 On 4/20/2026 at 7:18 AM, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: If Orig was still promoting Flint Bala would be getting regular work. Gary Clwyd used to work for Orig on Eurosport and Reslo years ago. We brought him back for Welsh Wrestling as Gary Welsh. As a villain. Quote
HandsomeButchIII Posted April 21 Posted April 21 (edited) On 4/20/2026 at 6:23 PM, WyattSheepMask said: Bit rum, like. If not problematic. Not on your behalf @WyattSheepMask, but on WWE's. We've had a Silverback in the past, and someone beating their chest now There's unfortunately a theme. Edited April 21 by HandsomeButchIII Quote
Paid Members Lenin Posted April 21 Paid Members Posted April 21 1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said: Rusev with some kayfabe shattering positioning so J’von Evans could hit that big Springboard Cutter. I'm glad someone else pointed this out because "an incredible angle" on social media (from someone's phone right in line with the turnbuckle he jumped from) shows Rusev in the air before J'Von. Is it that difficult to coordinate? Feels like there's a lot of this these days and I get it's a spotfest and everyone needs a moment but if they botch it or it looks rubbish, don't clip it up and post it everywhere. Lazy. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 21 Paid Members Posted April 21 1 hour ago, HandsomeButchIII said: Gary Clwyd used to work for Orig on Eurosport and Reslo years ago. We brought him back for Welsh Wrestling as Gary Welsh. As a villain. I heard a lot about Gary Clwyd on the Working A Reslo podcast. Quote
HandsomeButchIII Posted April 21 Posted April 21 2 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: I heard a lot about Gary Clwyd on the Working A Reslo podcast. He's a lovely bloke, to be fair. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.