Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Bonus shout out to Roman completely giving the game away on the post-show. Challenging the idea that he works part-time, announcing we’ll see his ass, “all Summer.”

And then what about after Summerslam Roman? We’ll see you all Autumn, right through Survivor Series and beyond, right?

Right?!

IMG_5888.gif.eb6a648b76517ef088c8689a60763411.gif

Posted
12 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Question for @DavidB6937 What do you see at the shows during all the down time? Or do you just head for the bar/food?

I definitely don't remember seeing an excessive amount of Hogan ads. Sometimes the screens are just the Mania logo until the next thing comes. They'll show the commentators, the Joe team, occasional ads like I remember the Usos one a few times, the Drew/Tiffy one and the Slim Jim. But definitely not Hogan.

Posted

One of the problems is that the adverts just ruin the pace of the show. It's a hindrance. After a shite first night I was completely invested after that Femi/Lesnar match and then lost all momentum after all the ads. 

It always worked well without ads before - imagine trying to watch 4 hours of WMIV with ads too.

Posted

Yeah sometimes the ads did get booed in the stadium too when they were badly timed. Like saying it's time for the main event so everyone stands up and then it's that stupid fucking Usos ad so everyone booed and sat down again. 

If they were paced right like in the middle of two matches or whatever then no one cared.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

Is that what this was?! I assumed he was a sports commentator or something, that’s outrageous. The greed of this company is something else.

I think I’m finally done with WWE. This was, objectively, a good show but I just didn’t enjoy it. It’s turned into a capitalist parody of wrestling. Literally everything seems to be for sale. I’m surprised they’ve not thought to see sponsorships for the wrestlers, with companies paying to get their name plastered on their merch and the announcer bigging up their companies as part of the ring intros. At the rate they’re going, it’s only a matter of time.

 

I'd love to know how much he paid, considering he had front row tickets, I don't feel like it made that much difference to the viewing experience.

I also saw that in addition to the ads all over the canvas, they sold that off too!  Fans had the opportunity to buy a small part of it with their name on it for the bargain price of $1499.99, they sold out 😲

image.thumb.png.cb4b8af335c57a76b65e3a0de28cc462.png

 

Randomly just browsing WWEShop to see what else they're selling off I noticed this 😄

image.thumb.png.0710a044d0276ac30eedb2f3a5eac733.png

Edited by Kamran
  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, JNLister said:

admittedly Saturday) WrestleMania. 

It has been established that there is only one main event of Wrestlemania and that is whoever main events the Sunday. Last match on Saturday is the Dale Torborg Main Event. 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Some div will spunk 10k on that coffin. And will have nowhere to put it. Or he’s it as a bed.

Wrestling fans will buy any old shit. Creeps buying the women’s ring worn gear is one thing, but I remember seeing a fan buy Jimmy Havoc’s torn up bloody shirt he wore during his tournament of death win. He framed it too. And I think that’s even weirder than the women’s stuff.

Foley was too late to the game for selling smelly clothes and body parts. 

Posted (edited)

So, only seen Night 1 and Oba vs Brock so far, but it turns out by skipping the ads and skipping two matches that you wouldn’t even open the curtains for if it was happening in the back garden, you can get a 4hr PPV done in 90 minutes.

I’m not going to go into anything to in-depth because quite frankly, what I watched was bag average at best. I posted a few day ago about being in ‘couldn’t give a shit’ territory, and Night 1 for me even aside from the bad build just didn’t feel like Wrestlemania, and I’d put that down to them running stadiums more often these days. Wrestlemania used to feel different from everything because it was the one show a year that was in the massive stadium with the biggest crowd of the year. That might well still be the case when you look at the numbers, but when you’re running the Royal Rumble, Summerslam, Survivor Series, fucking hell even Elimination Chamber the other year was in a stadium, it just doesn’t have that wow factor anymore.

And then, just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. It only went 5 minutes, which is probably about 3 minutes longer than it should’ve done, but thank fuck they did right by Oba Femi. 
IMG-2241.jpg
Hang it in The Louvre.

Continuing on with Night 2 now and it’s just gone up another notch with Rusev getting a jobber entrance. What a loser. 
I know Dragon Lee and JD whatshisface got the same treatment but who cares about them, this is Oba’s night

animated.gif

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Posted
15 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'd just cut the sentence there. As soon as he came out looking like a drunk children's entertainer covered in streamers I went to buy chicken tenders. I stand by my choice.

Dom would have approved of your food choice too🤪. 

Posted

Oba Femi kinda seems like a geek to the uninitiated. Not just the soyface celebration but the bushwacker entrance and Joe Rogan listenership too. What’s good about him?

Posted

Decided to watch the first match out of curiosity for Oba Femi, and like above I don't get it. Looks great but not a fan of the presentation, lacked real intensity and did too many of the NXT am-dram garbage teachings. 

Not a patch on the Bill Goldberg Vs Brock classic sprint.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

He’s an exciting young talent (like still in his 20s, for real young) with loads of potential and has captured the imagination of the people. He looks fucking  incredible, he has a lot of confidence about him, he’s been booked effectively and his promos have been steadily improving. The walk is a matter of taste I suppose. It’s caught on and it’s something unique to him, much like Lesnar’s little pre fight dance. II think his entrance as a whole looks way better when they’re able to put the lights down for it though, particularly his silhouette when he first walks out. 

I agree that his explosiveness and intensity need work. He has some great power offense and shows flashes of physical charisma but still has plenty of room to improve. His look and physique are doing a lot of the heavy lifting (har har!) when it comes to superstar “aura”, but he is growing into the role with each appearance. His running uppercuts in the corner don’t look anywhere near as devastating as big man splash of death. He also needs to add that two step explosion of power that Lesnar has. I feel like this is all stuff he can do though, and in terms of the raw materials and tools I think it’s easy to see why there’s a buzz. This match was a clear test to see if they were reeeeally about to get behind him, so it was very exciting to see that they are. 

Edited by JLM
Posted

The fact he's so over with the main roster crowd already can't be taken for granted. There's never any guarantee that the popular guys in NXT take that step up and carry it forward, so there was always apprehension with him and Trick. But they've been really smart with Oba, done exactly what they needed to do, and focused on bits like the theme and the music that everyone loves getting into.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...