TheScarlettChad Posted April 20 Posted April 20 Oba taking the belt at SummerSlam please and thank you. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 Honestly thought they were going to announce that billionaire guy had bought WWE from TKO. It was a long day. Opening and main event were great. Easier watch than night 1. I managed to get a pizza. All was good. Quote
abucalves Posted April 20 Posted April 20 I like CM Punk, and I am not trying to start the Night 1/Night 2 main event debate again, but I loved them banging on about how it was CM Punk's first single main event, to try and give it some gravity, when in truth, I imagine he and they feel like the night 2 main event has more gravitas Quote
The King of Old School Posted April 20 Posted April 20 31 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: He said he's 'full time' through Summer on the post-show. I'd be amazed if they weren't looking at Punk v Roman 2 for Summerslam, as after that it'd probably shift a few tickets. Failing that, I could see Roman v Gunther. Fair enough. I was expecting him to disappear with the belt for a while. Roman/Gunther is the Summerslam match I imagine, they will see that as a huge deal. Quote
Roy Posted April 20 Posted April 20 1 hour ago, Ironic Indie Lad said: A minor point really in the grand scheme but was it really necessary for Oba to win clean and do the shocked face? Is the shocked face all they fucking teach in NXT now? He should have been like "I won. Of course I did. Just like I expected I would. I am the fucking man." Agree. Can you imagine a prime Lesnar doing a shocked face everytime he beat a big name? The shocked face everyone does is overdone Quote
Ironic Indie Lad Posted April 20 Posted April 20 Who can forget when Stone Cold Steve Austin pinned Shawn Michaels for the title. He did a youtuber face (almost a decade before Youtube was invented) and then burst into tears. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 20 Members Posted April 20 Everything on night 2 was pretty superb, but I loved that main event the most. Both men absolutely giving it their all, telling a great story and the right result. I am a huge Punk fan so that helps, but man Reigns is the absolute bollocks. When he's on form he's the best at this. Really enjoyed Oba and Lesnar as well, again when he wants to put someone over, Lesnar is one of the best at it. Rhea/Jade another highlight, but yeah that was all great shit. Gonna do the Oba walk into Tesco at lunch. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 20 minutes ago, The King of Old School said: Roman/Gunther is the Summerslam match I imagine, they will see that as a huge deal. I think Lesnar/Gunther is the Summerslam match. I’d wager my house on that not being his retirement. He’ll best Gunther in his last match. I also think they’ll do Roman/Oba, to have Oba win his first World title on Lesnar’s final show. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 11 minutes ago, Roy said: Agree. Can you imagine a prime Lesnar doing a shocked face everytime he beat a big name? The shocked face everyone does is overdone Lesnar doesn't even do a shocked face when Vince sends him nudes of some poor woman from the office. Quote
boshealecta Posted April 20 Posted April 20 (edited) 2 hours ago, Ironic Indie Lad said: A minor point really in the grand scheme but was it really necessary for Oba to win clean and do the shocked face? Is the shocked face all they fucking teach in NXT now? He should have been like "I won. Of course I did. Just like I expected I would. I am the fucking man." Felt exactly the same. I realised I’m turning into an old man (things were better in my day). Ultimate Warrior or Goldberg wouldn’t have looked shocked, they would have known they were gonna win all along. I felt the same about the after match antics too. If they were gonna do Brock deciding to hang up his boots because he lost so decisively (if this even is his actual retirement) then where was the theatrics. Paul Heyman comes in and they embrace and cry. Why was there no Bobby Heenan/Andre the Giant WM6 interaction? Heyman tells Lesnar he’s not retiring, he decides that. He sees his gravy train going. Lesnar knocks him out and leave him laying. Everything seems so overly emotional and too based in reality. I’m a gay man myself so don’t have anytime for this manosphere, toxic masculinity culture (as most people don’t) but in this instance, I want some toxic masculinity in wrestling with cocky, jacked up men destroying each other, showing no emotion and leaving. Edited April 20 by boshealecta Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 20 Members Posted April 20 5 minutes ago, boshealecta said: Paul Heyman comes in and they embrace and cry. I forgot to add that I do like Heyman and think he's often great, but he is so bad at conveying that he's upset etc. His devastated crying face as they walked up the ramp was just hilarious. Quote
FUM Posted April 20 Posted April 20 4 hours ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: Did I hear during the Uso's match one of the commentators refer to them as 'The greatest tag team of all time'? Really? REALLY?! Not even the greatest tag team in the business today I don’t think this is as big a reach as the post suggests. It’s only through our own nostalgia goggles that we don’t allow things that are recent to be the best. In terms of body of work, The Usos are most certainly up there as a contender for greatest tag team of all time. Quote
The King of Old School Posted April 20 Posted April 20 6 minutes ago, boshealecta said: I felt the same about the after match antics too. If they were gonna do Brock deciding to hang up his boots because he lost so decisively (if this even is his actual retirement) then where was the theatrics. Paul Heyman comes in and they embrace and cry. Why was there no Bobby Heenan/Andre the Giant WM6 interaction? Heyman tells Lesnar he’s not retiring, he decides that. He sees his gravy train going. Lesnar knocks him out and leave him laying. This could happen tonight if it as @RedTwoster says this isn't the retirement. Could have Brock come out to say bye, Heyman get upset and tell him that, only for Brock to go for Heyman and Gunther makes the save, have Gunther take out Brock, stretcher job the works and there's your Summerslam match. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.