TheScarlettChad Posted April 19 Posted April 19 That was ridiculous. You can watch the documentary at any time. They just wasted precious time for that. Fucking shit. Quote
Pork Pie Posted April 19 Posted April 19 I haven't been a wrestling fan since 2009 but still got into the hype and excitement for Wrestlemania. Last night was shit and a new low. It just felt flat and the big time mania feeling was not there. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted April 19 Posted April 19 4 minutes ago, Pork Pie said: I haven't been a wrestling fan since 2009 but still got into the hype and excitement for Wrestlemania. Last night was shit and a new low. It just felt flat and the big time mania feeling was not there. Can't wait to tune in tonight;.... Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted April 19 Paid Members Posted April 19 18 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: That was ridiculous. You can watch the documentary at any time. They just wasted precious time for that. Fucking shit. Advocating for the devils here but those were filling up what are genuine ad breaks in the States, AFAIK. The EPSN app audience would have been being sold guns, Wendy's, drugs where the side effects are way worse than the original condition and whatever else Americans buy. They're not actively choosing to dedicate actual PPV time to Hogan b-roll. Quote
Retro Red Posted April 19 Posted April 19 (edited) 28 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: That was ridiculous. You can watch the documentary at any time. They just wasted precious time for that. Fucking shit. While it was definitely wasted time, the Hogan doc clips were to fill time while the US feed went to commercial so it was just for us watching live in other regions. Tonight’s stream will likely be the exact same but It’s all cut out of the catch-up version which is available now though so perhaps more reason now for us to stop being daft and staying up half the night to see it live. I wasn’t planning on staying up but the 11pm start made me watch it in the end, a normal 1am start would have killed any desire I had to see it live. It was an ok show but just felt flat - and a few matches felt rushed so pacing felt off. Certainly wasn’t the worst ever, and night 2 has a lot of potential to be a great show - won’t be watching it live though. Edited April 19 by Retro Red Statto beat me to it and said it better. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted April 19 Posted April 19 7 minutes ago, Statto said: Advocating for the devils here but those were filling up what are genuine ad breaks in the States, AFAIK. The EPSN app audience would have been being sold guns, Wendy's, drugs where the side effects are way worse than the original condition and whatever else Americans buy. They're not actively choosing to dedicate actual PPV time to Hogan b-roll. Is that what American ads are? Gun ads? That's bonkers. Quote
Retro Red Posted April 19 Posted April 19 13 minutes ago, Pork Pie said: I haven't been a wrestling fan since 2009 but still got into the hype and excitement for Wrestlemania. Last night was shit and a new low. It just felt flat and the big time mania feeling was not there. Weird choice to join a wrestling forum in 2019 if you haven’t been a fan since 2009. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 19 Members Posted April 19 I got through everything I wanted to see in about 90 minutes which is nice. It wasn't very good, but doesn't really bother me (probably would if I sat through the whole thing live) I thought Speed was the MVP of the whole show, along with Jelly Roll and probably McAfee, so maybe all future Manias should just be matches with those types of celebs. For some reason I got a bit choked up seeing Paige win a title and get emotional herself (not sure why I'm not exactly a fan) At one point I'm sure Cole said of Paige and Flair "teenage rivals" Flair is 40, so unless NXT was 21 years ago, I don't think that's right brother. Main event was slow to build but I enjoyed the final stretch, and I did try and watch Gunther as I love him but even he couldn't stop me fast forwarding as Seth Rollins is the drizzling shits. 4/10 Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 19 Paid Members Posted April 19 There must be a happy medium somewhere in wrestling surely. I can't watch AEW PPV's live because there is just so much wrestling. I have to watch it in stages because I don't want to miss the things I like. I can't watch WWE PPV's live because there is so little wrestling that I fall asleep between the matches. I've watched the 85 minutes of actual wrestling this morning. Mostly TV matches that have wound up on a PPV. Gunther and Seth was alright, Cody and Randy was a mess, Jacob and Drew was a sub par Hard-core Title match from the late 90s. The rest I won't remember tomorrow. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 19 Posted April 19 I'm becoming a bit obsessed with the main event, and how the train wreck was in part caused not by the last minute change-of-course that Uncle H had forced on him again; but how he actually pretty much refused to pivot. He just let McAfee exist in the middle of something, whilst he tried to book around it and do what he wanted to do anyway. If you mentally remove McAfee, everything sort of makes sense if what they were trying to do is write a major chapter in a master/apprentice story. Cody's entrance as his journey to being Randy's equal, Cody adopting some of Orton's dirty tricks and then the eventual full-on heel turn. If they hadn't had to turn Orton early, or involve McAfee. It sort of makes sense. But they did, and then tried to ignore it.. so, train wreck. I've always found backstage politics tedious. But I have to admit, the working relationship between Triple H and the TKO board fascinates me. Quote
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted April 19 Paid Members Posted April 19 It's genuinely one of the worst shows I've ever seen. Most of the matches were poor, but its the adverts in between that killed it. You couldnt get any momentum going. Overproduced, corporate, not giving a fuck about the fans shite. Hideous. And yes, I will be watching Night Two. I'm too far gone, lads. It's too late for me. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 19 Posted April 19 https://www.instagram.com/p/DXS7hcCkXCA/?igsh=MTZsdGZtMjRvZGVmMA== Ric Flair thinks the main event is one of the best matches in years. Of course he fucking does. Quote
Briefcase Posted April 19 Posted April 19 59 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: There must be a happy medium somewhere in wrestling surely. I can't watch AEW PPV's live because there is just so much wrestling. I have to watch it in stages because I don't want to miss the things I like. I can't watch WWE PPV's live because there is so little wrestling that I fall asleep between the matches. I've watched the 85 minutes of actual wrestling this morning. Mostly TV matches that have wound up on a PPV. Gunther and Seth was alright, Cody and Randy was a mess, Jacob and Drew was a sub par Hard-core Title match from the late 90s. The rest I won't remember tomorrow. I didn't watch last night and by the sounds of it probably a good choice. Growing up watching WWE I would enjoy the TV shows because it was more Promos/Less wrestling (or less lengthy wrestling) and usually PPV's you would have just wrestling with very little promos. That said every year the WWE fans in attendance get burned out at Mania because of 4-5 hours of wrestling so I understand why they might switch things up a bit, I am not sure if the 2 nighters means the shows are shorter each night or if they just cram more into both shows. I haven't really followed as much the last few years. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted April 19 Paid Members Posted April 19 I'm in the mindset I'll watch tonight anyhow and as long as @DavidB6937 is enjoying himself, I don't mind not getting a few hours of extra sleep if I don't rate it because at least he's having a belting time. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted April 19 Paid Members Posted April 19 I imagine they are very aware of the negative reaction and do all they can to put on a good second night. I'd be surprised if they didn't pull out all the stops. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.