HandsomeButchIII Posted April 19 Posted April 19 Sorry mate, I should know better. Bring back the chat! Quote
HandsomeButchIII Posted April 20 Posted April 20 Was shit. Recommendation to avoid. Watch Bargain Hunt instead. Quote
FUM Posted April 20 Posted April 20 Much better Night 2. Punk v Reigns was a truly great WrestleMania main event. Delivered on everything it should have been last year, a clean finish for a change and the story that was told was fantastic with old man Punk eventually just tiring out. Oba Femi went how it should have went. Ignoring the Brock elephant in the room - losing Cena, AJ and Brock in a matter of months when you’ve not really created many new stars seems a tough one. I’m not sure Oba was suddenly created here but he’s on his way at least. The ladder match was fun and Rhea probably carried Jade to her best match. I have no idea why they bother with The Demon as it all goes to shit when he doesn’t win usually but at least he won for a change. Danhausen is hard not to love and Hulk Hogan will be my sleep paralysis demon. Quote
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 6 minutes ago, HandsomeButchIII said: Was shit. Recommendation to avoid. Watch Bargain Hunt instead. No adverts in Bargain Hunt either. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted April 20 Posted April 20 1 minute ago, FUM said: I have no idea why they bother with The Demon I'd just cut the sentence there. As soon as he came out looking like a drunk children's entertainer covered in streamers I went to buy chicken tenders. I stand by my choice. Quote
HandsomeButchIII Posted April 20 Posted April 20 (edited) 7 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said: No adverts in Bargain Hunt either. Fuck me, I think I've seen the entirety of the Hogan doc already during the ad spots. Other than the Thermos, obviously. Edited April 20 by HandsomeButchIII Quote
Paid Members Lenin Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 That was one of the best main events in years. Incredible storytelling. Quote
Paid Members Rob Lowe Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 (edited) I'm impressed Punk was willing to do the 'old guy cant finish the job' routine in the main event, he seems way too thin-skinned for that. Very good main event. Roman didnt monologue too much. Punks entrance with the cameraman behind him was especially great. Ladder match makes me go all Cornette. So many contrived spots, the cutter move that Rusev dived into was the worst, but it got a huge reaction, so im alone scratching my head as usual with modern wrestling. Only match to get a hype video was night 2 main event. I'm not tolerating the pre-show ever, so i guess ill have to youtube them next time(?) Why get people amped up for matches when we could use that time advertising online slots and chocolate bars. Most other matches were solid. Have no idea if Brock is retiring, hard to care anyway with the shit-cloud over him. Some crypto billionaire cunt paying to be at the announce table (and being introduced on telly) is a new low in WWE/TKO history. I hope to one day be as happy as Michael Cole is saying "midgets". Night two, semi-thumbs up. Will I ever rewatch any of this Mania ever again in my life? No. Edited April 20 by Rob Lowe Quote
DavidB6937 Posted April 20 Posted April 20 Just went to Blue Man Group and got covered in streamers. Realised I was half way to a Demon cosplay! Rahhhh! The little Danhausens were scarier. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 20 Posted April 20 (edited) Team, my name is Darren and I am a CM Punk addict. I have been given enough reasons to pack in the habit over the years, but I just need that sweet, sweet hit. That main event would get a 5* rating from me, if not for the slightly jarring steel stairs detour. I hate the whole 'the ref won't call it off because it's too important' excuse. Besides that, exceptional storytelling. Loved every non-stair swinging second. It was Punk reaching his 'grizzled old vet can't be put down' final form, and Roman's best match in god knows how long. 4.99 stars. As much as i've enjoyed a match in I don't know how long. Probably since Punk/MJF. I'm very jealous @DavidB6937 Oba/Brock was perfect, too. Apart from after it was finished when the swollen old piss goblin made it about him. Between Oba and Trick, WWE have landed on their feet. I hate ladder matches, so contrived. Other stuff happened but really it was a show about the start and the end. They did the right thing, and a new star was made in the first match and they had a proper Mania main event in the final match. Fair play. Saved Mania, Phil. Poor old Cody, crying into his suit that the card got jigged about and he got lumbered with Orton and McAfee and didn't get the big grinding war with Punk. There's always Saudi, Cody. There's always Saudi. Edited April 20 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
NeverYield Posted April 20 Posted April 20 I knew Brock vs Oba was gonna be the opener so I stayed up to watch that, good match, served it's purpose, and if that really is it for Brock, which it seems to be, I like that retirement much more than going out to Gunther at SummerSlam potentially. Second match was good as well if a little messy, seemed to be a much better night all round even if not immense like past 'Manias. I think it was much better when it was all one night. Just watched the highlights of what seemed like a brilliant main event between Reigns and Punk despite a less than ideal build at times. Will watch the rest later when I'm back from work. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 Here are my unfiltered thoughts before I check what any of you thought. Well, I only expected to watch one match from the first half in its entirety and I was right, even if it wasn’t the match I expected to. Skipping merrily along waiting to land on Vaquer vs Morgan I stopped dead in my tracks at the sight of knightmare’s lass, Norfolks finest, and just like that I was “-10” to the reveal and strapped in. Bit iffy that they acted like “it’s no secret” (says Cole) that Paige has a long term friendship with the Bellas - umm, in storyline terms, that’s not really true, is it? God, I hate the real life blurring the lines CONSTANTLY bollocks. I was immediately up for this regardless, probably my first time watching a Raya/Paige match since that four way she won at the first Wembley show, though I’m shocked with her injury history she was in the ring with Nia first match back. It was however nice symmetry that she wrestled the same night as AJ. I need to say - four legal for a tag team four-corners is a weird dynamic. Most times refs struggle to keep up when they only have 2 teams to try and spot the legal tags and keep straight who’s legal, it’s much harder with 4. Not exactly twice, as Michael Cole would probably tell you. Probably understands permutations and combinations the same way as probability when he claims a champion only has a 1 in 4 chance of retaining in a four-way. Anyway. Match was what it was, a big clusterfuck with nobody getting much chance to shine prior to Paige getting the hot tag, must be said that Bayley & Lyra doing Demolitions finish the weekend they got inducted and Cole & Barrett not picking up on it, broke my heart a little. Now, I’ve always hated the Bellas, but given how much more overrated/successful Nikki has been, it’s at least nice Bri has been able to register an achievement separate to the shadow of her twin. As for the finish, I hate to be that guy but Twisted Bliss wasn’t heading where Alexa should want it to, whether Paige brought the knees up or not. Still, it made me very happy to see my two favourite women wrestlers of the last 15 years interact (fought the urge to put “touch each other”) in a televised match for, as far as I know, and indeed work the finish. Despite the flaws I enjoyed it. I was a bit confused that at the end of Lee vs Lynch, having seemed to be very supportive of babyface Paige, Barrett appeared to be biased toward heel Becky. Schizophrenic, or just in favour of anyone from the British Isles?? Either way, finish was the best the Manhandle Slam has looked for ages. One thing that was a shame from what I saw of Vaquer vs Morgan was that when Liv went to do the Devils Kiss, it would have been fairly easy for Stephanie to reverse into one of her own instead of just a victory roll, but they didn’t do that. Must be said, the outfit Foxi Perez had on for her distraction appearance certainly would have distracted me. However, that Liv could come back from injury, win the Rumble and still go into this match as a heel, wrestling and winning like one, is one of the many reasons I feel a huge disconnect with the way they choose to do things. Dom celebrating at the end looking like he did, surrounded by Liv, Foxi and Raquel gave me “Warhammer fanatic finds himself in a massage parlour for the first time” energy. Cody vs Orton was what it was. I have no idea the logic of McAfee coming down dressed as a ref and delivering a normal paced count from which Cody could kick out. Orton snapping and turning on him was both in character and funny. I could have done without them doing each others moves straight after another match where that happened. It wasn’t the worst main event but in terms of “is that it?” it was nearer to Orton vs HHH than to Cody vs Reigns. With this win Cody joins Hogan as men who have won, lost and retained THE title at Maniae. Though if they need a catalyst to turn him heel later in the year, those dickheads chanting “punt” definitely gave it them. There were other men’s matches on night 1 but I didn’t watch them because they either featured wrestlers I don’t care about and/or felt inconsequential. Random other thoughts : * Landed on a woman asking LA Knight about “tonight’s main event” and immediately started having Savio Vega PTSD until I realised it was an ad. * Seeing a dumb Mandolorian stand in shown ringside with an animatronic Grogu gave “dumb 90s shenanigans” and suddenly I wondered if the Monday Night War was still happening. * Seeing a Mortal Kombat movie advertised when the WWE Champion has a Street Fighter movie coming out served as symbolic reminder that it wasn’t. * Michael Cole is still shit. In fact I think he’s got the worst record for shittest the longest in the history of wrestling. This morning I watched Punks entrance and the last 10 minutes because I didn’t want to have to go to work not knowing if, unlikely as it seemed, he’d been permitted to win. He didn’t. Ho hum. Roman now holds the “this belt exists because Roman doesn’t show up enough” belt, might as well retire it now. Cunt. Eh, looks like it was OK overall but still glad I’ve got 35 more to watch before I have to review it properly. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 3 hours ago, Rob Lowe said: Some crypto billionaire cunt paying to be at the announce table (and being introduced on telly) is a new low in WWE/TKO history. Is that what this was?! I assumed he was a sports commentator or something, that’s outrageous. The greed of this company is something else. I think I’m finally done with WWE. This was, objectively, a good show but I just didn’t enjoy it. It’s turned into a capitalist parody of wrestling. Literally everything seems to be for sale. I’m surprised they’ve not thought to see sponsorships for the wrestlers, with companies paying to get their name plastered on their merch and the announcer bigging up their companies as part of the ring intros. At the rate they’re going, it’s only a matter of time. Quote
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 On 4/19/2026 at 2:17 AM, AshC said: Great drama today with the Flint vs Bala relegation battle. Mis-read this as the Finn Balor relegation battle before I thought “don’t be stupid, Doms too good to go down.” Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 9 minutes ago, air_raid said: Mis-read this as the Finn Balor relegation battle before I thought “don’t be stupid, Doms too good to go down.” If Orig was still promoting Flint Bala would be getting regular work. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.