Paid Members Rob Lowe Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 (edited) 36 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: Is that what this was?! It was. His wikipedia page also mentions prison time for a cheeky bit of cheque fraud. Quote Weitman was sentenced for check kiting in 2004, paid a $1 million fine and served 8 months in prison. He also currently has a bored ape NFT as his twitter avatar... Thank Christ he didnt speak during the match. Edited April 20 by Rob Lowe added links because i'm a sweetie pie. Quote
westlondonmist Posted April 20 Posted April 20 22 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: Is that what this was?! I assumed he was a sports commentator or something, that’s outrageous. The greed of this company is something else. I think I’m finally done with WWE. This was, objectively, a good show but I just didn’t enjoy it. It’s turned into a capitalist parody of wrestling. Literally everything seems to be for sale. I’m surprised they’ve not thought to see sponsorships for the wrestlers, with companies paying to get their name plastered on their merch and the announcer bigging up their companies as part of the ring intros. At the rate they’re going, it’s only a matter of time. Isn't Dominik Mysterio going about with wank wipes on his tees? I'm kind or surprised they haven't done sponsors of specific wrestlers more often tbh. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted April 20 Posted April 20 (edited) Did I hear during the Uso's match one of the commentators refer to them as 'The greatest tag team of all time'? Really? REALLY?! Not even the greatest tag team in the business today Edited April 20 by Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted April 20 Posted April 20 The lawsuit may have something to do with him retiring at WrestleMania instead of SummerSlam. Punk is surely retiring soon now too? WWE will have no top guys soon. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 49 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: The lawsuit may have something to do with him retiring at WrestleMania instead of SummerSlam. Punk is surely retiring soon now too? WWE will have no top guys soon. I don’t think that was his retirement - aside from anything else, the announcers treated it as ambiguous. I imagine he’ll go out on Raw to announce his retirement, before Gunther comes out to say it’s him who decides when careers end. Lesnar will probably defeat him in his final match at Summerslam, giving the career killer gimmick some kind of conclusion. Quote
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 Night 2 was so much better than Night 1. Every match delivered but particularly enjoyed Oba/Brock, The Ladder Match and the Main Event. Perfect way for Lesnar to go off and cements Oba as the guy. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 1 hour ago, westlondonmist said: Isn't Dominik Mysterio going about with wank wipes on his tees? I'm kind or surprised they haven't done sponsors of specific wrestlers more often tbh. Shows how effective that sponsorship has been (or how unobservant I am) that I’d not actually noticed this, but you’re right, he’s sponsored by ‘Dude Wipes’! You’re right though, I think it’s only a matter of time before this is more widespread, and we see things like sponsored finishing moves etc. The whole show feels like an infomercial right now, might as well go all in with that. Quote
Ironic Indie Lad Posted April 20 Posted April 20 A minor point really in the grand scheme but was it really necessary for Oba to win clean and do the shocked face? Is the shocked face all they fucking teach in NXT now? He should have been like "I won. Of course I did. Just like I expected I would. I am the fucking man." Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 (edited) Night 2 was a huge improvement. Oba vs. Brock was the biggest, most important match of the weekend and it delivered perfectly. Exactly what it needed to be. Oba feels like a made man. It’ll take something truly special to fuck him up. The fact remains that Brock Lesnar shouldn’t even be on TV, and with any luck that’s the last we’ll see of him, but there’s no denying he was game here. Gave Femi everything on the way out. Makes you wonder what could have been if he was this motivated for more of his career. Does Jon Moxley even go to AEW if Brock puts this level of effort in for their Wrestlemania match? Heyman crying was funny. Brock abandoning him, leaving him to manage Austin Theory. I’d cry too. Tremendous ladder match. Wild fun. Rey Mysterio is fifty one years old. Whilst everyone else is fantasy booking how Gunther can end his career, he’s out there doing shit like this. Amazing. Saw this image floating about online of Dragon Lee’s entrance gear. Imagine putting all the time, money and effort into this and then they don’t air your entrance, presumably in favour of even more adverts. Heart breaking. Hopefully he can cheer himself up with some Weatley’s Vodka. Similar to the Oba/Brock match, Sami/Trick was short, sweet, but did exactly what was needed. Felt like two Superstars being made tonight. Thoughts and prayers to Triple H though. Reports coming out that the reason we didn’t see him across either night is because forcing himself to script two pay per view victories for black wrestlers on the same show left him in quite a state. Hopefully he can make a full recovery. The Demon gimmick remains the cringiest thing in wrestling. When he takes off the wig-of-belts and just stands in the ring in the face paint there’s a hint of looking cool, but by that point he’s fighting a losing battle. The phoney, over-produced entrance where he’s mooching about like a dog always looks shit. Even more so when he gets tangled in a million streamers. Dom vs. Finn as a match was a fine, perfectly acceptable affair, but nothing more. Arguably more violent than the Unsanctioned Match! Yaddadamean? Jade vs. Rhea will go down in history as a match that happened. Nothing terrible by any means, but still funny that Jade’s never managed to have a match in WWE as good as she had against Sky Blue or Anna Jay in AEW. Acknowledge them! For a split second, I genuinely thought Jade’s special entrance gear was her borrowing Hangman Page’s inflatable Stay Puft Marshmallow Man costume! Roman vs. Punk was an absolute belter! The only truly great match of the weekend. Look at this smug prick on his way to the ring. Pro-wrestling? Completed it, mate. The cat that got the cream. Got his wife and daft goth mate fat contracts. AFI playing him to the ring. On his way to have a proper Wrestlemania Main Event. Seemingly allowed to do whatever he wanted, go as long as he pleased, with free rein to blade. On top of the fucking world! And all it took was to completely sell out, abandon all his principles, suck a blood money-covered dick and give Hunter daily cuddles. A lesson for us all. If you sell out for your dreams, your dreams will sell out for you. Match itself fucking ruled. Easily the best Mania Main Event of recent years. Punk in particular was wrestling and taking risks like there was no tomorrow. Fucking Shane McMahon elbow drop to the announce table, at his age, in the shape he’s in! I’m surprised he didn’t burst into dust! A fantastic bit of business all around. Clean win. No celebrities. Like a Blueprint of a better future we’ll never get. Funny to imagine Cody watching The Punker and Big Rome have a normal, meat and potatoes match without any bullshit crowbarred in. I suspect he pulled a face similar to this. Thumbs up show overall, but the biggest question remains unanswered. Can anyone confirm if Hulk Hogan has a documentary coming out? Not sure if it was mentioned over the weekend. Edited April 20 by Supremo Quote
The Reverend Posted April 20 Posted April 20 23 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said: A minor point really in the grand scheme but was it really necessary for Oba to win clean and do the shocked face? Is the shocked face all they fucking teach in NXT now? He should have been like "I won. Of course I did. Just like I expected I would. I am the fucking man." Fully agree with this. If they want a new super monster superstar (which they need!) then he's got to be that way from the start. In fact they should teach them that super cool 1,2,3 to the camera that Bret did after that Bolsheviks squash at WM VI Quote
The King of Old School Posted April 20 Posted April 20 (edited) I'm guessing Reigns won't defend the belt until Summerslam? Be interesting see what the main stories on Raw with no World Champion around for the first time since that belt was created. Rollins vs the remainder of the vision no doubt. Edited April 20 by The King of Old School Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 20 Posted April 20 2 minutes ago, The King of Old School said: I'm guessing Reigns won't defend the belt until Summerslam? Be interesting see what the main stories on Raw with no World Champion around for the first time since that belt was created. Rollins vs the remainder of the vision no doubt. He said he's 'full time' through Summer on the post-show. I'd be amazed if they weren't looking at Punk v Roman 2 for Summerslam, as after that it'd probably shift a few tickets. Failing that, I could see Roman v Gunther. Quote
Paid Members JNLister Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 3 hours ago, westlondonmist said: Isn't Dominik Mysterio going about with wank wipes on his tees? I'm kind or surprised they haven't done sponsors of specific wrestlers more often tbh. I believe Dude Wipes are not man size tissues, but rather wet wipes. Literally just normal wet wipes but marketed at men because the idea of wiping your ass needs special marketing. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted April 20 Paid Members Posted April 20 (edited) I've fuck all interest in this nonsense and their abysmal build, while hilarious, did nothing to change that. I half-considered watching Night 1 after being motivated by David's trip of a lifetime but then I saw sense. I listened to some reviews and it sounded like garbage other than the Night 2 main. Pleased for those lads that they had a belter. Good job the did. I've only seen the Danhausen in-ring segment and it's the worst thing I've watched in wrestling in a long, long time. Danhausen is a loveable little guy but they'll absolutely kill him with this fucking toss. It makes Hornswoggle skits look like Oscar nominees. The Miz is my least favourite pro-wrestler of all-time. Seeing his hideous pouting face, wooden delivery and primary school playground selling just confirmed it. That Kit Wilson cunt looking like a wannabe Miz makes him a good candidate for my second least favourite pro-wrestler of all-time. John Cena being reduced to this? John Cena. People think he's on the Wrestling Mount Rushmore. Stupid people but still. The last 8 years of his career have been fucking abysmal. Where's your self-respect, John? You fucking robot. Edited April 20 by tiger_rick Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.