DavidB6937 Posted May 1 Posted May 1 12 minutes ago, Ralphy said: DH is brilliant, I'm sure that shifting considerably more merchandise than the others helps Exactly this - they won't care if they're making a ton of money. If/when his popularity dies down we'll see how it goes, although I imagine Punk would have a word. Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted May 1 Paid Members Posted May 1 5 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said: There's a very fun story doing the rounds that someone at TKO doesn't like the spooky's, and that's why there's been a culling of the 'goths'. I really hope that's true. To the detriment of wrestling as a whole, party pooper Meltzer has debunked this now, sadly. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted May 1 Paid Members Posted May 1 (edited) I like Anna Jay despite her still not being very good. She clearly tries and works hard and wants to be good at this and I root for her on that basis. She has also entertained me plenty in the right roles, but she still looks like a fish out of water in the ring most of the time. She had one belter of a match on her Stardom tour that showed she can produce something with the right opponent but most of the time, aside from being absolutely gorgeous, she seems to be rather miscast as a pro wrestler. She still looks like she’s about to corpse during promos and like she’s scared of falling over when she runs the ropes and it’s been years now. I would still be sad if she left AEW even if I’d struggle to justify re-signing her. Edited May 1 by JLM Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted May 1 Paid Members Posted May 1 Anna Jay's slated to be the latest victim (presumably) of Willow Nightingale's "comeback killer" run on Collision this week, so that might well be a swansong. Would wager good money she gets an NXT look if nothing else. Quote
Chili Posted May 1 Posted May 1 Anna Jay is someone I like and I admire she tries, but I don't think there is a next gear for her, and learning how to pull exaggerated faces and working the hard cam won't change that. Peaked with that fucking bonkers Street Fight her and Tay Melo had with Penelope Ford and The Bunny. Great that was. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted May 2 Paid Members Posted May 2 I do think there’s one area where Anna Jay has improved quite significantly, and that’s with her promos. She deserves enormous credit for that, and it does make me think she could be an asset somewhere. NXT is probably the perfect place for her; they have a very strong female roster, and their female wrestlers get a decent amount of ring time. If she’s going to improve as a wrestler anywhere, it’ll be there. I’ll be sad to see her leave AEW though, particularly given her connection to Brodie Lee. The entire Dark Order has disappeared from television, and I kind of hate that. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted May 2 Paid Members Posted May 2 Wow. Thought they were lifers. Quote
Infinity Land Posted May 2 Posted May 2 1 minute ago, TheBurningRed said: Wow. Thought they were lifers. Both on the alumni page. As are Tonga Loa and JC Mateo (Jeff Cobb). Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted May 2 Paid Members Posted May 2 Was just about to post about Tonga and Cobb. Has Cobb even done a year there? Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted May 2 Paid Members Posted May 2 Start the clock on someone suggesting Woods and Kingston potentially joining the Hurt Syndicate. Quote
Infinity Land Posted May 2 Posted May 2 1 minute ago, TheBurningRed said: Was just about to post about Tonga and Cobb. Has Cobb even done a year there? Might just scrape a year on paper waiting for the debut. Definitely not the place to be for a 40+ midcarder. Quote
BarryOVega Posted May 2 Posted May 2 New Day needed to leave, the heel turn was a nice idea but didn’t really do anything for them, does Woods (or is it both of them) still have that YouTube channel? Suppose they might make a living off that Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted May 2 Paid Members Posted May 2 9 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: Was just about to post about Tonga and Cobb. Has Cobb even done a year there? No he debuted in May last year. He lasted even less time the Alister Black in his second run (364 days) Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted May 2 Paid Members Posted May 2 (edited) @BarryOVega It’s Woods and WWEs channel. I think Tyler Breeze getting re-hired was thanks to woods and he became the co-host of UpUpDownDown. I’m sure he’ll make a new channel and get his old gamer mates back on who got released/are in AEW. Edited May 2 by TheBurningRed Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted May 2 Paid Members Posted May 2 Kofi seems the type that was frugal with his money. Did he not travel with Punk on Punks bus before he left back in the 2010s? Seems like it was about making an income for his family. Fairly sure without checking he complete college and was working in business or legal before the WWE came along so he can easily fall back into a decent career if he wants to step away. But he definitely seemed a lifer, 18 years on the main roster. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.