Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted April 26 Paid Members Posted April 26 Wasn't he the one Braun leg pressed into next week? If I remember rightly I loved that squash. Quote
Paid Members Statto Posted April 26 Paid Members Posted April 26 Yep, that's the one. The highlight of his run for sure. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted April 26 Posted April 26 When he was briefly given the gimmick of being a tribal general or something, I remember they gave him his own gimmick match based around a big drum his mate carried. I think. Quote
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted April 26 Paid Members Posted April 26 27 minutes ago, Supremo said: I know it’s tradition to eulogise everyone who gets released from a WWE contract and talk about how great they could be in AEW, but was Apollo Crews ever actually good? Online reaction to WWE releases is absolutely excruciating to read. With guys like Apollo, you have had about five years of people going "how is this guy even still employed there?!" Then the minute that they get released the reaction flips to "I can't believe they fumbled this guy!" Crews always seemed a bit too bland to stand out in WWE. On the indies his physique and athleticism really do set him apart though, he'll have no trouble getting booked. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted April 26 Paid Members Posted April 26 @Supremo I couldn’t give you 1 Apollo Crews match. But I remember seeing him at a Brit Wrestling a few years before his WWE run and thought he looked really decent. But don’t think I saw any of that talent once he signed with them. He’s a good 12 years or so older than that. So it will be interesting if he still has it. Shelton Benjamin really showed up with that debut AEW match, so there’s hope there. Quote
Olly1984 Posted April 26 Posted April 26 Just in case anyone wants to rewatch the greatness that was Lucha Underground this is a link to all seasons. https://archive.org/details/@lucha_underground Can download them and cast to your TV as well😀. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted April 26 Paid Members Posted April 26 4 hours ago, Supremo said: I know it’s tradition to eulogise everyone who gets released from a WWE contract and talk about how great they could be in AEW, but was Apollo Crews ever actually good? For example, can anyone name their three favourite WWE matches featuring Apollo Crews? Digging into his Wikipedia, it appears he’s been in WWE for over a decade, wearing both the Intercontinental and United States Titles, and yet, gun to head, I genuinely couldn’t tell you a single match he’s had that’s left a single memory in my mind. The only real memory I have of him was that outrageously racist Nigerian royalty gimmick, when he would brandish a spear during his entrance. Like you though, I could only guess as to who he might have wrestled. Ultimately, Ricochet jumped to AEW and proved all of his doubters wrong. I’m sure there are wrestlers in amongst these releases who have it in them to defy expectations just as he did. Good luck to all of them. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 27 Paid Members Posted April 27 Good news though lads. Humble Hearst Helmsley has signed a new multi year deal to remain chief content officer. Quote
OzExile Posted April 28 Posted April 28 I've been arguing with my mates about kairi saine. I swear I've seen plenty of evidence on UKFF of her dreadful work. Is there a comp? Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted May 1 Posted May 1 (edited) There's a very fun story doing the rounds that someone at TKO doesn't like the spooky's, and that's why there's been a culling of the 'goths'. I really hope that's true. Edited May 1 by d-d-d-dAz Quote
Chili Posted May 1 Posted May 1 (edited) 8 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: There's a very fun story doing the rounds that someone at TKO doesn't like the spooky's, and that's why there's been a culling of the 'goths'. I really hope that's true. I mean I would love that to be true for the sheer satanic panic silliness of it. Also, the sheer lack of 'well repackage them.' Nope, you are going to lose your job instead. Edited May 1 by Chili Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted May 1 Posted May 1 46 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: There's a very fun story doing the rounds that someone at TKO doesn't like the spooky's, and that's why there's been a culling of the 'goths'. I really hope that's true. Didn't the Sci-Fi network want a zombie on ECW? I guess stranger things have happened. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted May 1 Paid Members Posted May 1 1 hour ago, BarryOVega said: Tatum Paxley’s fucked then How dare you even suggest this?!? You can't fire the Queen of the Goths Quote
MVP RULZ Posted May 1 Posted May 1 Whilst I guess more comedic than outright spooky but wouldn't the fact Danhausen has been very prominent the last 2 months since signing suggest that it's all nonsense? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.