Mick Foley's Last (Death)Match

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

If he just worked a match that was of a hardcore style and the other guy was taking the bumps, fine. It could work.

But the problem is it's Foley. He made his name taking incredibly dangerous bumps. He should be dead by now. So he's going to explore every way he can do that without dying here. He's a fucking idiot and only a total ghoul would watch this.

Spot on. On his podcast, he talked about how he really really wanted to do a Hell In a Cell match with Undertaker, for an anniversary or something. The finish he came up with was him getting on Undertakerā€™s back on the top of the Cell and then ā€˜Taker would drop back, sending them both through the roof and then right through the ring.Ā 

Then he said something along the lines of ā€œI just couldnā€™t think of a way to do it safely and I couldnā€™t do that to Mark. Heā€™s got kidsā€. As if he doesnā€™t have four of them himself.

Imagine being in the kind of pain Foley must be on a daily basis and still fantasising about stupid shit like that.Ā 

1 minute ago, unfitfinlay said:

The finish he came up with was him getting on Undertakerā€™s back on the top of the Cell

They would have needed a cherry picker to get the tight bastard to the top of the cell.

What struck me when reading this was Foleys age

He is currently 58 which means when he did the original retirement at No Way out in 2000 and then the Final Match Fatal 4 Way at Wrestlemania he was only 34

I'd never really thought about how young he actually was, of course he had so much wear and tear on his body that his 34 was somewhat different to the average wrestlers 34 years especially in todays environment but still when you see the longevity of people these days it was just striking how he actually felt kinda old in 2000 and it was maybe time to retire.

No real desire to see him have one last match though just get in better shape and stay healthy should be his only goalĀ 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MVP RULZ said:

He is currently 58 which means when he did the original retirement at No Way out in 2000 and then the Final Match Fatal 4 Way at Wrestlemania he was only 34

I'd never really thought about how young he actually was, of course he had so much wear and tear on his body that his 34 was somewhat different to the average wrestlers 34 years especially in todays environment but still when you see the longevity of people these days it was just striking how he actually felt kinda old in 2000 and it was maybe time to retire.

HBK was only 32 when he worked Mania 14 not knowing whether or not it was going to be his last match because of how fucked he was.

I had "34" in my head but he wasn't even.

Edited by air_raid
Corrected myself because sometimes I'm wrong.

21 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

Ā 

Then he said something along the lines of ā€œI just couldnā€™t think of a way to do it safely and I couldnā€™t do that to Mark. Heā€™s got kidsā€. As if he doesnā€™t have four of them himself.

Ā 

Probably helps knowing at least one of them would be left in safe handsā€¦.

spacer.png

I have the vaguest memory of seeing him as enhancement talent ā€œJack Foleyā€ against someone (Hercules?) on one of those WWE rewind/classic shows they used to show on Sky

Same here, except I faintly recall that his opponent on that occasion was Kamala.Ā 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Fog Dude said:

Same here, except I faintly recall that his opponent on that occasion was Kamala.Ā 

Fun fact - both the Herc and Kamala squashes were taped on the same night, 20/11/86 in Rockford.

He got into decent nick for his run as Raw GM in 16/17. Dropped a good bit of weight doing DDP yoga & swimming. He should just do that and try to kick the junk food habit into touch a bit. Maybe WWE could reward him with his own Netflix show or something if he does well. The whole idea of stepping back into the ring in his state is ludicrous. One one of his pods he mentioned that he has scoliosis for feck sake like. Plus, his joints must be in bits too from the stupid bumps and from carrying so much heft around. Not to mention his brain can't be in a good condition, you can clearly hear it when he forgets the question he's just been asked on the pod. He also mentioned having to get Steph to use a code word to jog his memory when doing promos during that last GM run nearly a decade ago.

Ā 

Not a good idea Mick. So he'll definitely be doing it!

Who do you reckon would book this match? I know most wrestling promotors are still carny as fuck and will book pretty much anything if it'll make them a buck but I can't see WWE/AEW/TNA touching this with a barge pole. Plus surely a lot would be put off promoting it because of the Ric Flair match debacle.

GCW seem like the obvious choice.

The Dudley Boyz v Atsushi Onita & Mystery Partner is on at the ECW Arena soon. Ā I did wonder for a moment if it could be Foley but Iā€™m assuming itā€™ll be the Sandman.

If he has another match itā€™s going to be heavily promoted, not a mystery partner.

That same show has a mystery guest ref for one match, thatā€™ll probably be Foley.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Who do you reckon would book this match? I know most wrestling promotors are still carny as fuck and will book pretty much anything if it'll make them a buck but I can't see WWE/AEW/TNA touching this with a barge pole. Plus surely a lot would be put off promoting it because of the Ric Flair match debacle.

GCW seem like the obvious choice.

It'll most likely be GCW yeah, and it'll be against Matt Cardona.