Mick Foley's Last (Death)Match

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
15 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

Mick's called it off due to doctor's advice. I'm relieved. 

Apparently he sustained a concussion that he was unaware of while doing some training, which led to some issues. 

Didn't know that that head could get concussions as well

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SaitoRyo said:

A cumcussion. 

Cum cushion? For when a wank sock isn't enough. I bet Mick knows where they will sublimation print an image of (the Diva of) your choice onto a cushion cover.

Sounds like a lovely pillow to me.

image.png.7976cde31d7df5413b1a5e32016f9b99.png

Random question. Couldn't think of anywhere else to put it. How hard are the chairs that wrestlers hit each other with? Wrestlers sit on them so they must have a certain amount of hardness. And wwe has banned head shots so they are enough to warrant that. I've always imagined they must be as hard as cake tin metal at least?

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

They're a standard metal folding chair, there's no gimmick to it, so they have a decent amount of heft to them. Every wrestler or trainee I know who has picked one up for the first time has gently bopped themselves in the forehead with it and been surprised how much that hurts.

Edited by BomberPat

Aside from barbed wire I'm not sure how many weapons are actually gimmicked, glass in mainstream wrestling definitely is but some of the shit in deathmatches seems to be legit.. light tubes definitely are and there are only certain sizes that many guys use. I think it's the thinner ones they usually stay away from as the way the break means you're more likely to just get impaled one on.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Aside from barbed wire I'm not sure how many weapons are actually gimmicked, glass in mainstream wrestling definitely is

Cm Punk Whatever GIF by WWE

From my experience they are just standard metal chairs you can get at the local store. I've never heard of the back/middle being popped out or anything like that - I'm unsure what that would achieve other than make it flimsy as fuck. The idea is to make it look like it hits when in reality you try to get a hand up (obviously). Remembering that many chairs that have been used have had announcers/time-keepers etc thrown out of them so they must be able to hold the weight on a grown person.

The last thing I'd want is a flimsy thing where the middle can fly off and take off half my scalp tbh!