Mick Foley's Last (Death)Match

10 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Who do you reckon would book this match? I know most wrestling promotors are still carny as fuck and will book pretty much anything if it'll make them a buck but I can't see WWE/AEW/TNA touching this with a barge pole. 

WWE is never going to happen.

TNA couldn't afford it.

AEW? Genuinely wouldn't shock me as much as it should. 

7 hours ago, theironshake said:

Surley it will Conrad promoted just like the last match of Ric Flair. He does the podcast with him it just seems like the kind of thing SuperMark Conrad would do. 

Yeah and he's got enough mates all over the place that it'd be one big crossover deal again, wrestlers and production from AEW and everywhere else.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Yeah and he's got enough mates all over the place that it'd be one big crossover deal again, wrestlers and production from AEW and everywhere else.

Careful now. We're in danger of making him sound like a promoter.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

Who do you reckon would book this match? I know most wrestling promotors are still carny as fuck and will book pretty much anything if it'll make them a buck but I can't see WWE/AEW/TNA touching this with a barge pole. Plus surely a lot would be put off promoting it because of the Ric Flair match debacle.

GCW seem like the obvious choice.

If not Conrad for all the reasons mentioned already, I imagine it will be a similar set up of a one-off show built around this one match, rather than an existing promotion. 

As for opponents, I can't see it being anyone other than Matt Cardona. I know Foley has made some noise in the past about wanting to work with Moxley or Onita, as they're both people he quite notably never wrestled (he teamed with Onita once), but I don't see AEW letting Mox near this, and assuming Foley wants a singles match, I don't see Onita going for it. 

Thing is, the Onita formula is the only kind of match Foley has any business working- zero bumps, just walk around hitting people with a barbed wire 2x4 and letting them bump for him, create the illusion that he was in a big dangerous deathmatch but keeping the amount of risk to the man himself minimal. I don't see that being what Foley goes for, though, he's going to want a singles match and a big daft bump.

It's wild thinking that he's one of the biggest stars ever, that once upon a time he could have finished up as a beloved WWE legend, perhaps his last match or even just a retirement ceremony could have involved The Rock, The Undertaker, Triple H....and now we're debating who's carny enough to book it and work it.

10 hours ago, The Dart said:

The Dudley Boyz v Atsushi Onita & Mystery Partner is on at the ECW Arena soon.  I did wonder for a moment if it could be Foley but I’m assuming it’ll be the Sandman.

If he has another match it’s going to be heavily promoted, not a mystery partner.

That same show has a mystery guest ref for one match, that’ll probably be Foley.

Assuming this is Battleground Pro? They generally run the Arena, and seem to be the only US company booking Onita. They're run by Rob "lol ill pretend u said 18" Feinstein.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

It's wild thinking that he's one of the biggest stars ever, that once upon a time he could have finished up as a beloved WWE legend, perhaps his last match or even just a retirement ceremony could have involved The Rock, The Undertaker, Triple H....and now we're debating who's carny enough to book it and work it.

I mis-read this as "bloated WWE legend." Which is where we were, for a while.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Assuming this is Battleground Pro? They generally run the Arena, and seem to be the only US company booking Onita. They're run by Rob "lol ill pretend u said 18" Feinstein.

Yes, it's another ECW reunion. Check out the full card if you haven't heard of it yet. It's absolutely brutal. Trigger warning: it contains Al Snow vs Shane Douglas, and that might not even crack the top three worst matches on the show! https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=370461

I'm in for Crazy/Tajiri though.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

I want a WCW 2000 reunion. Give me Jung Dragons/3 Count, Norman Smiley, Disco Inferno, Tank Abbott, Crowbar, David Flair and whoever else is left. Fuck it, go wild and let Foley in for a hardcore match with Smiley and Knobbs. He can get hit with a rubber chicken, gently mind. 

5 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Yes, it's another ECW reunion. Check out the full card if you haven't heard of it yet. It's absolutely brutal. Trigger warning: it contains Al Snow vs Shane Douglas, and that might not even crack the top three worst matches on the show! https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=370461

I'm in for Crazy/Tajiri though.

I feel shame that if I was near Philly I'd go. Gertner Alfonso could be the best on the card

3 hours ago, Vamp said:

I want a WCW 2000 reunion. Give me Jung Dragons/3 Count, Norman Smiley, Disco Inferno, Tank Abbott, Crowbar, David Flair and whoever else is left. Fuck it, go wild and let Foley in for a hardcore match with Smiley and Knobbs. He can get hit with a rubber chicken, gently mind. 

Wargames 3000 where there's a stair lift between each floor.

I’m giving this thread WAY more thought than i probably should…

1. would I go and watch the last match if it was in the uk? I don’t know.  I’d like to think no; don’t encourage the mad bastard.  But.. it’s Foley. He’s a legend. 

2. Would I pay for the ppv? No. But I would  watch highlights on various websites  and I would read the no doubt numerous write ups / obituary. 

- Be  honest, would you go and watch it in person? 

- Would you watch the ppv? 

19 minutes ago, Thefatduck said:

- Be  honest, would you go and watch it in person? 

- Would you watch the ppv? 

No to both, because it'll be shit.

The only reason people have to go is to say that they were they. They sure as hell aren't going to see some good wrestling, because it won't be.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Did I hear that him and Colette are divorced now?

Wouldnt shock me in the slightest. There's only so many books your husband can release about his wanking habits before you call it a day.