Mick Foley's Last (Death)Match

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Looking at these 60/70 year olds cutting themselves one last time for a payday in front of small crowds of nobodies in nowhere towns like Rourke in The Wrestler makes me grateful some stars know how to bow out. Eye Of The Tiger playing them out, to give the big boot to some baddie professing to be a Liverpool fan in front of 10,000 cheering maniacs, brother.

Edited by air_raid
SYNTAX ERROR

I’m torn to be honest. 

on one hand: absolutely should not be in a match. He can’t possibly need the money.
He absolutely does not need to secure a legacy. He has a very high chance of dying in the ring and/or making his shocking health much much worse. 

on the other hand: see above. 

But, and it’s a big but… he may need the idea and focus of having a(nother) match to keep him going. The idea of not training, wrestling and doing what you love for so many years must take an emotional toll and having something to look forward to, something you’ve done for so long, must be very tempting. 

I would wager that it’s not the match he wants, it’s the idea and target of the match that is so tempting. 

Him getting in shape and losing weight is fantastic but he should not be having another match.

Unless its a hardcore match against that clown cunt who dated his daughter. I'd happily watch Mick set him on fire for an hour.

• Paid Members

It's mental to think this man will be having a match a full quarter century after he was so fucked physically even Vince McMahon told him to pack it in. 

It's a bit odd. On the one hand I admire that he cares about himself enough to get motivated to be in better shape. Yet the flip side of having a match suggests he doesn't actually give a shit about himself at all. Because if he did he wouldn't risk himself like that. He doesn't need to do it. It's not worth it in my eyes and I have no interest in it. But these guys rarely listen.

• Paid Members

He should’ve got himself in better shape just to be able to put his socks on. An issue he documented about being so fucked he couldn’t bend. Not to have a match that will likely be embarrassing. Was he last match in TNA? I know he appeared in the Rumble and did the Socko vs Cobra crap with Santino after TNA. But that wasn’t a proper match. 

• Paid Members

His last match before that Rumble spot was teaming with Terry Funk against Roddy Piper and Bob Orton for one of ICP's shows. His last singles was the Last Man Standing with Flair for TNA.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

So is Conrad Thompson promoting this like he did with Flair's match? Am I the only one who gets a bit of a used-car-salesman 'If you're gonna die kid, die in the ring. It's good for business' vibe from him? 

I think that's being extremely kind.

3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Unless its a hardcore match against that clown cunt who dated his daughter. I'd happily watch Mick set him on fire for an hour.

They're still together and I would not be surprised if he pushed to make himself part of the match somehow.

49 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

So is Conrad Thompson promoting this like he did with Flair's match? Am I the only one who gets a bit of a used-car-salesman 'If you're gonna die kid, die in the ring. It's good for business' vibe from him? 

Seems to be more a DIY personal motivation project at the moment. If it was a purely cynical cash grab venture between the two of them, I doubt they would have stopped the podcast and would have the show tied to Summerslam or All Out weekend. Roped in DDP as I think his podcast is part of the same family of shows.