What's the funniest film ever made?

Devon Malcolm

Suoerbad's a good shout, almost finished watching it again(have a sick 2 year old so takes time to watch a movie) and still hilarious. Borat had me and my brother howling in the cinema back in the day too. 

Probably get slated for this but the American Pie movies had me pissing myself with laughter as a teenager and I still get a kick out of the first two today. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

This might be the best film scene of any genre of the 70s.

I've not watched this in ages. Mel Brooks did some bangers. I enjoyed High Anxiety, Silent Movie is pretty good as well. Robin Hood: Men In Tights has its moments, and let's not forget Spaceballs. 

• Paid Members

South Park The Movie is the only film I've had to put on again immediately because we were laughing so hard we missed half the gags. I was about 14 then though, not sure if it holds up. 

Withnail and I

The Hudsucker Proxy

Kingpin

An outside as hell choice if I can go again but Big Money Hustlas.. it doesn't have any right being as funny as it is for a bloody Insane Clown Posse film but there's so many times where I'll crack up. It's full of heart and you can tell everyone bar The Misfits were having so much fun on set, even Dolemite!

• Paid Members

The latest Jackass film is the most I’ve laughed in a cinema

But the funniest film for me (and I can already hear you all groaning) is The Other Guys. I think it’s hilarious! The way Mark Whalberg just shouts at Will Ferrell at the start, the desk pop, the silent fight at the funeral, Michael Keaton quoting TLC, Dirty Mike and The Boys, IT’S CHRISTINITH, talking dirty through an OAP - it just all works for me and I laugh throughout. 

There’s a few gaps in my comedy watching though so this thread has given me some homework to do! 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I'm really glad someone else said Dodgeball before me because I think it's Dodgeball.

Also will throw in the second Austin Powers film with the proviso that I have a shit taste in films.

Edited by Gus Mears