AEW/NJPW Forbidden Door 2023 - June 25th

Supremo

Just now, The King Of Swing said:

Probably setting myself up for disappointment but I hope Final Countdown wasn't a one off. 

I hope it signifies him moving away from the BCC. Just like Punk seems false and forced as a face, Danielson is not believable as a borderline heel/tough guy. He's too likeable.

• Paid Members

Danielson doesn’t work as a tough guy heel but he did work as a heel that berates and gaslights women. 
Nothing about him looks tough regardless of how many heads he kicks. He’s a short beardy vegan that acts goofy and weird any time you see him behind the scenes.

In a stable that already has Mox in it, they don’t need a tough guy. They have Claudio for strength and technical wrestling, they have Wheeler for being the horrible little shit. Bryan is just a jack of all their trades, the BCC wouldn’t miss him.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Statto said:

He's been particularly brilliant at also stepping into the Regal role of being the nasty sadistic bastard inciting the rest of the BCC to violence and reveling in it.

To add to this ; I think if we're hinging the argument on "tough guy" there were plenty of matches over the years where he was stomping/beating guys much larger than him into a state of unconsciousness in believable fashion.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Absolute madness, Danielson is an absolutely brilliant heel. That's not an opinion, it's 100% fact and it shall not be debated any further.

This, although I much prefer watching him as a face, if that makes sense. I think he's better suited, as is his wrestling style etc.

He's my favourite, so of course I want to cheer him on in the 3 matches I watch a year.

• Paid Members
Just now, Merzbow said:

Just watch Bryan Vs Morishima to see what a hard cunt he is.

This is a good example though it depends if the heel/tough guy parts have to be mutually inclusive because he was definitely the hero to the ROHbots in that one.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Absolute madness, Danielson is an absolutely brilliant heel. That's not an opinion, it's 100% fact and it shall not be debated any further.

I'm not even a huge Danielson fan, I understand his talent and why people like him, but even I think he's a great dick heel. Id say I prefer seeing him in that role.